From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Education||BFA from Parsons School of Design|
|Occupation||fashion designer artist philanthropist|
|Television||Project Runway Season 6 (Winner)|
Shabayeva is originally from Georgia and is of Georgian, Jewish and Russian heritage. She has stated her favorite designer is Jean Paul Gaultier, and credits her success to her feminine instincts and her diverse heritage.
Shabayeva appeared in season six of Project Runway and won three challenges (Episode 5, "Fashion Headliners", Episode 7 "The Sky is the Limit", and Episode 10 "Around the World in Two Days). She ultimately won the season with her New York-inspired woman warrior collection. The season six finale notably featured three designers (Shabayeva along with Carol Hannah Whitfield and Althea Harper) that had not been in the bottom three during the whole season.
Shabayeva has created many ready to wear and couture collections and has a very successful bridal collection IrinaBridal.com She designed Selena Gomez's butterfly dress for the 2011 People's Choice Awards. Carrie Underwood wore Irina Shabayeva's grey ombre gown on the cover of her album Blown Away.
In 2015, Irina Shabayeva launched a lingerie collection in addition to continuing ready to wear and couture collection. Irina also has dedicated a lot of other time to working with numerous charities. In the past she has partnered with the MacDella Cooper Foundation to benefit Ebola, The Freedom Ladder to end child trafficking and The Carol Galvin Foundation to aid women with cancer. On February 12, 2016 she showed a couture and lingerie collection at the Monarch in NYC to benefit Women's cancer research.
- Nov. 20, 2009 US Magazine article on Irina Shabayeva
- Irina Shabayeva Fall 2010 Collection
- Shabayeva page at mylifetime.com
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved March 18, 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Selena Gomez wears Project Runway winner Irina Shabayeva dress
- Introducing the Season 3 Cast! Archived November 13, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- "Watch All Stars Goes Global Full Episode - Project Runway All Stars - Lifetime".
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.