From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Project Runway Philippines|
Promotional poster of Project Runway Philippines season 3, featuring new host Tweetie de Leon-Gonzales and the 15 designers hanging on a thread.
|No. of contestants||15|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||15|
|Original release||March 25 –|
May 13, 2012
|Filming dates||late 2011 – early 2012|
The 'third season of Project Runway Philippines premiered on March 25, 2012, almost three years after its preceding season. It is shown on ETC, which has since ceased becoming a cable channel and transferred to RPN as a VHF channel. Tweetie de Leon-Gonzalez, a former model and president of Professional Models Association of the Philippines, is the new host replacing Teresa Herrera. Fashion designer Rajo Laurel and style columnist Apples Aberin returned as judges, while fashion designer Jojie Lloren remained as mentor.
The winner for this season will receive a 10-page fashion spread in Mega magazine, ₱500,000 (around US$11,700), a start-up business package including 10 sewing machines, a two-month apprenticeship with Asian Institute of Fashion, a Wacom Intuos4 professional pen tablet, an all-expenses-paid trip to Paris to experience Paris Fashion Week, and a full scholarship for a four-year bachelor's degree in Fashion Design program at iACADEMY.
Casting was held in four major cities in the Philippines namely Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Baguio, and Makati from August to September 2011. Applicants can also submit their portfolio and other requirements through mail. The designers must be at least 21 years old.
The 15 designers competing in the third season of Project Runway Philippines consists of established designers, fashion design students, and new designers who used to have jobs unrelated to fashion. They were introduced on ETC's show Etcetera on February 12, 2012. Note that the ages listed are the designers' ages at the time the show was taped in late 2011. Also note that transgender designers, although not explicitly stated in the show, are referred as "she."
- Milka Quin Redoble, 34 years old from Pasig City. A former banker, Redoble quit her job and enrolled in Slim’s Fashion and Art School. She set up an online fashion store. She was declared the winner of Project Runway Philippines Season 3, and being the first female to be on finale, and being the first female to win. her model was Annalita who also claimed the prize.
- Cheetah Rivera, 24 years old from Manila. Rivera pursued her fashion design dream since age 12. She studied in Philippine Fashion Institute and her designs were featured in local fashion magazines. she came as a runner-up.
- Nel Claveria, Jr., 30 years old from Camarines Sur. Claveria started out designing gowns for beauty pageants. He eventually ventured to Brunei Darussalam and designed for prominent clients. A self-taught designer, he admitted to have only learned about fashion illustration online. He came on 2nd runner-up.
- Amor Albano, 28 years old from Laoag City. At a young age, Albano started working as a fashion designer's assistant to make ends meet for her family. She has since become a prominent designer in the Philippines' northern region. she came on 3rd runner-up.
- Glenn Gonzales, 26 years old from Pangasinan. Born with congenital glaucoma, Gonzales worked as a design apprentice. Eliminated: June 3, 2012
- MJ Alminanza, 24 years old from Zambales. After a brief career in TV production, Alminanza enrolled in Fashion Institute of the Philippines for two years and landed a job as a visual merchandiser for an apparel store. Eliminated: May 27, 2012
- Jenno Gacasan, 24 years old from Cebu. Gacasan earned a degree in Painting and worked as a graphic designer. Eliminated: May 20, 2012
- Ionica Abrahan, 21 years old from Batangas. Abrahan graduated in De La Salle College of Saint Benilde with a degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising. She works as a fashion designer and stylist. - Eliminated - May 13, 2012
- Lhenvil Paneda, 21 years old from La Union. The youngest among the contestants, Paneda stopped halfway of his degree in Applied Physics in University of the Philippines Diliman and became a costume designer for movies and television productions. - Eliminated - May 06, 2012
- Joseph Montelibano, 35 years old from Iloilo. Living in New York City, Montelibano juggled through an assortment of jobs including public relations, visual merchandising, and fashion design. He had collaborated with Patricia Field in Sex and the City, Eric Daman in Gossip Girl, and Tina Knowles for House of Deréon. - Eliminated - April 29, 2012
- Enzo Libo-on, 23 years old from Bacolod. With Libo-on's parents adamant against his dream of becoming a fashion designer, he convinced his grandmother to teach him how to sew. He also pursued fashion design and worked as a call center agent to keep his parents happy. - Eliminated - April 22, 2012
- Yves Camingue, 25 years old from Cebu City. A "self-trained, self-taught designer," Camingue learned sewing techniques at home and apprenticed under prominent Cebu-based designers. - Eliminated - April 22, 2012
- Karla Galang, 27 years old from Quezon City. Galang teaches Patternmaking at Fashion Institute of the Philippines. - Eliminated - April 8, 2012
- Fatima Guerrero, 21 years old from Nueva Ecija. The only Muslim contestant in the competition, Guerrero studies Fashion Design and Merchandising at De La Salle College of Saint Benilde and Dressmaking at Slim's Fashion and Art School. - Eliminated - April 1, 2012
- Normannie Santos, 28 years old from Bulacan. Santos free-willingly abandoned his studies at a theological college to follow his dream of becoming a fashion designer. He found friends who trained him in jewelry making and eventually in tailoring. - Eliminated - March 25, 2012
Original Airdate: March 25, 2012
The fifteen designers gathered in Kilometer Zero located in Luneta Park, Manila. Gonzales and Lloren welcomed the designers and presented them with the first challenge, to create a garment that showed who they were as a "world-class Filipino fashion designer." In the location, there was a table with 30 fabrics of various quality and colors. The designers were told to pick two fabrics of their choice which they will use in creating their designs, but after they have gathered their materials, they were asked to pass their fabrics to the person beside them. They have one day to complete their design.
- Guest Judge: Inno Sotto, noted Philippine fashion designer
- Winner: Milka Quin Redoble
- Eliminated: Normannie Santos
Original Airdate: April 1, 2012
The designers met with Lloren at Nayong Filipino, a cultural village located in Angeles City, Pampanga. They were introduced to Camille Co, a fashion blogger and socialite, who served as their client for this challenge. The designers were told to create a modern and youthful dress, but were later informed that they would have to use indigenous fabrics as their materials. They were given ₱2,000 (US$47) to purchase their indigenous fabrics and an additional ₱500 (US$12) for other materials.
|MJ||Inisa, Tapiña gumamela|
|Yves||Abel (checkered and striped)|
|Joseph||Tapiña maria, silk|
- Guest Judge: Camille Co, fashion blogger and one of Mega magazine's best dressed
- Winner: Nel Claveria, Jr.
- Eliminated: Fatima Guerrero
Original Airdate: April 8, 2012
The designers met Gonzales on the runway. Before briefing them about their next challenge, the models walked on the runway, each carrying a clutch bag by Rocio. The designers must create a dress inspired from the handbag their models carried. However, the model had the option to switch their bag to that of another model. They were given a day to complete their design.
- Guest Judge: Rocio Olbes, designer of Rocio Bags
- Winner: Milka Redoble
- Eliminated: Karla Galang
Original Airdate: April 15, 2012
De Leon woke the designers in their apartments, telling them to get ready in 30 minutes. They were then shuttled while blindfolded to a secret location, which was later revealed as Barasoain Church in Malolos City, Bulacan. They were grouped into six pairs, with Milka choosing Cheetah as her partner, while the rest were chosen at random. The designers were told to create a modern and innovative wedding dress, with one of the pair making the bridal gown while the other making the bridesmaid dress.
|Bridal Gown||Bridesmaid Dress|
- Guest Judge: Randy Ortiz, fashion designer
- Winner: MJ Alminanza
- Eliminated: None
Original Airdate: April 22, 2012
The designers were grouped into two teams, wherein they create a cohesive collection for Ruffa Gutierrez's children's wear line LORIN, which is named after her daughter. As the winning pair in the previous challenge, MJ and Jenno picked their respective team members. One member of each team, namely Amor and Cheetah, creates a complementary dress for the mother.
|Team Second Princess||Team Dramarama|
|Joseph (Leader)||Nel (Leader)|
- Guest Judges: Ruffa Gutierrez, model-actress and mother; Mandy de la Rama-Santos, owner of children's wear brand Tarte Tatin
- Winning Team: Second Princess
- Winner: Glenn Gonzales
- Eliminated: Yves Camingue and Enzo Libo-on
Original Airdate: April 29, 2012
The designers were in their working area when Jojie Lloren and Vanessa Tanco-Cualoping (President of iAcademy) visited and told the designers to follow them. They entered a classroom of iAcademy where the challenge was introduced. The designers were tasked to create men's street wear based on their vision of men's style years from now and they used Wacom Intuos4 Professional Pen Tablets as their sketch pad. Each designer has a male assistant who assists them in using the tablet. They were given 30 minutes to complete their sketch, with their assistants also serving as their models. The winner of this challenge receives an Intuos4, apart from what the grand winner will receive.
- Guest Judge: Rhett Eala, Philippine fashion designer
- Winner: Amor Albano
- Eliminated: Joseph Montelibano
Original Airdate: May 6, 2012
- Guest Judge: Sari Yap, President, CEO, and EIC of Mega Magazine
- Winner: Amor Albano
- Eliminated: Lhenvil Paneda
Original Airdate: May 13, 2012
- Guest Judge: Margarita Fores, restaurateur
- Winner: Milka Redoble
- Eliminated: Ionica Abrahan
Original Airdate: May 20, 2012
- Guest Judge: Leeroy New, Sculptor
- Winner: Cheetah Rivera
- Eliminated: Jenno Gacasan
Original Airdate: May 27, 2012
- Guest Judge: Jacq Yuengtian, Manager Beauty Brand
- Winner: Cheetah Rivera
- Eliminated: MJ Alminanza
Original Airdate: July 3, 2012
- Guest Judge: Lesley Mobo, Designer
- Winner: Cheetah Rivera
- Eliminated: Glenn Gonzales
Original Airdate: July 10, 2012
Original Airdate: July 17, 2012
Original Airdate: July 24, 2012
Original Airdate: Aug 1, 2012
- Guest Judge: Lucy Torres-Gomez, Actress, Beauty Queen, Dancer & Fashion Icon
- Winner of Project Runway Philippines 3: Milka Redoble
- Runner-Up: Cheetah Rivera
- 2nd Runner-Up: Nel Claveria Jr.
- 3rd Runner-Up: Amor Albano
|Milka||WIN||IN||WIN||IN||HIGH||IN||LOW||WIN||HIGH||HIGH||LOW||WINNER||15 - Finale|
|Nel||IN||WIN||IN||HIGH||LOW||IN||LOW||IN||LOW||LOW||LOW||2ND RUNNER UP|
|Amor||IN||HIGH||LOW||IN||LOW||WIN||WIN||LOW||IN||HIGH||HIGH||3RD RUNNER UP|
|Glenn||IN||HIGH||IN||HIGH||WIN||HIGH||IN||IN||LOW||LOW||OUT||11 - Last Ones Standing|
|MJ||IN||IN||LOW||WIN||IN||IN||HIGH||HIGH||LOW||OUT||10 - The Golden Rule|
|Jenno||HIGH||LOW||IN||HIGH||LOW||IN||IN||IN||OUT||9 - Waste Not, Want Not|
|Ionica||IN||IN||HIGH||LOW||IN||IN||LOW||OUT||8 - Fashion Feast|
|Lhenvil||LOW||IN||IN||LOW||IN||LOW||OUT||7 - Picture Perfect|
|Joseph||IN||LOW||IN||IN||IN||OUT||6 - Looking Ahead|
|Enzo||LOW||HIGH||IN||LOW||OUT||4 - Two Good to be True / 5 - Little Troubles|
|Karla||IN||IN||OUT||3 - A Bag of Surprises|
|Fatima||LOW||OUT||2 - Young and Indigenous|
|Normannie||OUT||1 - The Defining Look|
- The designer won Project Runway Season Philippines Season 3.
- The designer won the challenge.
- The designer was in the top two, or the first announced into the top 3, but did not win.
- The designer had one of the highest scores for that challenge, but did not win.
- The designer had one of the lowest scores for that challenge, but was not eliminated.
- The designer was in the bottom two or its equivalent, but was not eliminated.
- The designer lost and was eliminated from the competition.
^1 The judges said that Cheetah was supposed to be the winner, but it was revoked as a result of a penalty. She shopped for materials beyond the allocated time limit. Thus, Milka was declared winner.
^2 Amor wanted to quit the competition because she landed in the bottom 3, thus she does not feel it is her destiny to be in the fashion world, but she later make up her mind to stay.
^3 The judges stated that both Enzo and Yves deserve to be eliminated, but they were given another chance.
^4 The judges announced that Team Second Princess (Joseph, Cheetah, Ionica, Lhenvil, Milka, MJ) was the winning team. However, they declared Glenn as the winning designer from the other team.
^5 Milka was told that she had one of the weakest designs, and would have been in the bottom had it not been for her immunity.
^6 Episodes 12 are recap episode. Episode 13 is a reunion episode.
^7 Episode 14 is a part one of the finale showdown, features the final 4 designer's journey, and their preparations in the final.
The model of the winning designer will be featured in a fashion spread in Mega magazine and its sister magazine titles. She will also receive a scholarship for a short course of her choice in iAcademy and ₱200,000 (US$4,600).
- Green background and WINNER means the model was paired with the winning designer, and won the competition.
- Blue background and WIN means the model wore the winning design.
- Light blue background and IN means the model did not participate in the runway show and were temporarily replaced by other models.
- Pink background and IN means the model wore the losing design.
- Red background and OUT means the model was eliminated.
- "Project Runway Philippines returns for a bigger and better season 3". Malaya. August 23, 2011. Retrieved March 20, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Project Runway Philippines to hold nationwide search for promising designers". Manila Bulletin. August 4, 2011. Retrieved March 20, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines on Facebook. "Poster of audition details for Project Runway Philippines season 3". Retrieved March 20, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Official Project Runway Philippines on Facebook. "On Etcetera's season finale, the finalists of Project Runway Philippines S3 will be revealed, so if you're dying to know who they are, stay tuned tonight at 7:45pm on ETC!". Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Milka Quin Redoble profile". Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Cheetah Rivera profile". Archived from the original on March 28, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Nel Claveria Jr. profile". Archived from the original on April 16, 2013. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Amor Albano profile". Archived from the original on March 28, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Glenn Gonzales profile". Archived from the original on March 29, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "MJ Alminanza profile". Archived from the original on March 29, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Jenno Gacasan profile". Archived from the original on March 28, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Ionica Abrahan profile". Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Lhenvil Paneda profile". Archived from the original on March 31, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Joseph Montelibano profile". Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Enzo Libo-on profile". Archived from the original on March 28, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Yves Camingue profile". Archived from the original on March 28, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Karla Galang profile". Archived from the original on March 29, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Fatima Guerrero profile". Archived from the original on March 29, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Project Runway Philippines. "Normannie Santos profile". Archived from the original on March 29, 2012. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- "Episode 1: The Defining Look". Project Runway Philippines official website. March 23, 2012. Archived from the original on April 1, 2012. Retrieved April 3, 2012.
- "Episode 2: Young and Indigenous". Project Runway Philippines official website. March 28, 2012. Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved April 3, 2012.
- "Episode 3: A Bag of Surprises". Project Runway Philippines official website. April 9, 2012. Archived from the original on June 7, 2012. Retrieved April 9, 2012.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.