From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Died||13 February 1970 (aged 84)|
Albert Sharpe (15 April 1885 – 13 February 1970) was an Irish stage and film actor.
His most famous roles were those of Darby O'Gill in Disney's Darby O'Gill and the Little People and as Finian McLonergan in the Original Broadway production of the musical Finian's Rainbow. (The film version, made in 1968, had Fred Astaire in the role.) On screen he played Fiona's father Andrew in the MGM musical Brigadoon. He was in The Day They Robbed the Bank of England (1960) with Peter O'Toole.
|1946||I See a Dark Stranger||Irish Publican||aka "The Adventuress" (USA). Uncredited|
|1947||Odd Man Out||Bus Conductor||Uncredited|
|1948||Up in Central Park||Timothy Moore|
|The Return of October||Vince the Tout||aka "A Date with Destiny" (UK)|
|Portrait of Jennie||Moore||aka "Jennie" (UK) OR "Tidal Wave"|
|1949||Adventure in Baltimore||Dan Fletcher||aka "Bachelor Bait" (UK)|
|1951||Royal Wedding||James Ashmond||aka "Wedding Bells" (UK)|
|You Never Can Tell||Grandpa Hathaway||aka "One Never Knows" OR "You Never Know" (UK)|
|1952||Face to Face||First Mate Brown||('The Secret Sharer')|
|1959||Darby O'Gill and the Little People||Darby O'Gill|
|1960||The Day They Robbed the Bank of England||Tosher||(final film role)|
- "Albert Sharpe | Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos". AllMovie.
- Stewart, John (November 22, 2012). Broadway Musicals, 1943-2004. McFarland. ISBN 9781476603292 – via Google Books.
- Flynn, Roddy; Tracy, Tony (August 9, 2019). Historical Dictionary of Irish Cinema. Rowman & Littlefield. ISBN 9781538119587 – via Google Books.
- "Brigadoon (1954) - Vincente Minnelli | Cast and Crew | AllMovie" – via www.allmovie.com.
- Vagg, Stephen (17 November 2020). "John Guillermin: Action Man". Filmink.
- "Albert Sharpe (1885-1970) - Find A Grave Memorial". www.findagrave.com.
- "Albert Sharpe". BFI.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.