From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Behind the Mask|
|Directed by||John Francis Dillon|
|Written by||Jo Swerling|
(story "In the Secret Service")
(as Teddy Tetzlaff)
|Edited by||Otis Garrett|
|Color process||Black and white|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
A federal agent (Holt) goes undercover to infiltrate a drug smuggling operation headed by a mysterious Mr. X (Van Sloan), a criminal mastermind whose identity is unknown even to his henchmen. Mr. X is also running a bogus hospital where victims are killed on the operating table, and their coffins stuffed with narcotics. The drug-filled coffins are then buried in a cemetery.
- Jack Holt as Jack Hart aka Quinn
- Constance Cummings as Julie Arnold
- Boris Karloff as Jim Henderson
- Claude King as Arnold
- Bertha Mann as Nurse Edwards
- Edward Van Sloan as Dr. August Steiner / Dr. Alec Munsell / Mr. X
- Willard Robertson as Capt. E.J. Hawkes
- Thomas E. Jackson as Agent Burke (as Tommy Jackson)
- Mank, Gregory William (March 8, 2010). Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff: The Expanded Story of a Haunting Collaboration, with a Complete Filmography of Their Films Together. McFarland. ISBN 9780786454723. Retrieved April 17, 2019 – via Google Books.
- Buehrer, Beverley Bare (April 17, 1993). Boris Karloff: A Bio-bibliography. Greenwood Publishing Group. ISBN 9780313277153. Retrieved April 17, 2019 – via Google Books.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.