From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Comin' Round the Mountain|
|Directed by||George Archainbaud|
|Screenplay by||Lewis R. Foster|
|Produced by||William C. Thomas|
|Cinematography||William C. Mellor|
|Edited by||Stuart Gilmore|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Comin' Round the Mountain is a 1940 American comedy film directed by George Archainbaud and written by Lewis R. Foster, Maxwell Shane and Duke Atteberry. The film stars Bob Burns, Una Merkel, Jerry Colonna, Don Wilson, Pat Barrett, Harold Peary and Bill Thompson. The film was released on August 16, 1940, by Paramount Pictures.
After briefly moving to the big city, Jed Blower, a musician, moves back to his hometown in rural Tennessee and becomes mayor. He then tries to convince his family to go to the city and play their music on the radio.
- Bob Burns as Jed Blower
- Una Merkel as Belinda Watters
- Jerry Colonna as Argyle Phifft
- Don Wilson as Fictional Radio Program Announcer
- Pat Barrett as Uncle Ezra Watters
- Harold Peary as Mayor Gildersleeve
- Bill Thompson as Barney Smoot
- Richard Carle as Lester Smoot
- Marjorie Bauersfeld as Ma Beagle
- William Demarest as Gutsy Mann
- Cliff Arquette as Droopy Beagle
- Luke Cosgrave as Uncle Ditto
- Leona Roberts as Aunt Polly Watters
- Zeffie Tilbury as Granny Stokes
- Donald Hall as Hillbilly Boy
- Brenda Fowler as Ma Blower
- Olin Howland as Pa Blower
- Walter Catlett as W.P.A. Clerk
- "Comin' Round the Mountain (1940) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
- Crowther, Bosley (1940-09-26). "Movie Review - Comin Round the Mountain - THE SCREEN; At Loew's Criterion". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
- "Comin' Round The Mountain | TV Guide". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "Comin' Round the Mountain- 1940". Amazon. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.