From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|League||Big Ten Conference|
|Born||April 9, 1998|
|Listed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jones attended Tyner Academy in Chattanooga, Tennessee and led his team to the Region 3-AA championship in 2014. For his last two years of high school, he transferred to St. Augustine High School in New Orleans, where he helped his team achieve a combined 52–9 record. Jones played for Notre Dame Preparatory School in Fitchburg, Massachusetts for a postgraduate season. He committed to playing college basketball for Coastal Carolina.
Jones was ruled ineligible by Coastal Carolina for the 2017–18 season for academic reasons and was granted a redshirt for the second half of the season. He suffered an injury during his second career game and missed his next 12 games. On March 25, 2019, Jones posted a freshman season-high 32 points, seven rebounds and seven assists in a 109–91 win over West Virginia in the second round of the College Basketball Invitational. As a freshman, he averaged 14 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game, earning Sun Belt Freshman of the Year honors.
Prior to his sophomore season, Jones suffered a broken bone in his left foot during a pick-up game. On March 7, 2020, he recorded 31 points, 14 rebounds and five assists in a 63–62 victory over UT Arlington in the first round of the Sun Belt Tournament. As a sophomore, he averaged 17.4 points, 5.8 rebounds, 5.7 assists and 1.7 steals per game. He was named to the Second Team All-Sun Belt after leading the conference in assists. On December 17, Jones reached 1,000 career points while tallying 33 points, seven rebounds and six steals to help his team defeat Delaware State, 99–73. In his following game, he recorded 35 points and five steals in an 86–63 win over Alice Lloyd. As a junior, Jones averaged 19.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 2.8 steals per game. He ranked second nationally in steals per game was selected as Sun Belt Player of the Year and First Team All-Sun Belt.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Henley, Gene (July 9, 2020). "Former Tyner star Devante Jones was big talent in a small package". Chattanooga Times Free Press. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- "Notre Dame's Jones Makes Pick". New England Recruiting Report. May 2, 2017. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- Livingston Brooking, Ian (January 16, 2020). "Coastal guard Devante Jones eyes greatness at the collegiate and professional levels". My Horry News. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- "Cuthbertson, Jones Earn Sun Belt Hoops Honors". Coastal Carolina University Athletics. March 11, 2019. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- "Jones leads Coastal Carolina over West Virginia 109-91". ESPN. Associated Press. March 25, 2019. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- Blondon, Alan (September 26, 2019). "How adding size and international players may help CCU basketball reach uncharted heights". The Sun News. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- "Coastal Carolina upsets UT Arlington in Sun Belt tourney". USA Today. Associated Press. March 7, 2020. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- Parks, Chris (November 11, 2020). "CCU's Devante Jones named 1st team preseason All-Sun Belt member". WBTW. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- "Jones Scores his 1,000th Career Point as Coastal Carolina Drops Delaware State". WCSC-TV. Associated Press. December 17, 2020. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- "Jones Sets Career-High in Win over Eagles". Coastal Carolina University Athletics. December 18, 2020. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- Borzello, Jeff (April 20, 2021). "Coastal Carolina's DeVante' Jones, Sun Belt Player of the Year, planning to transfer". ESPN. Retrieved May 1, 2021.
- "CCU guard DeVante' Jones named Sun Belt Player of the Year". WMBF-TV. March 11, 2021. Retrieved May 1, 2021.
- Borzello, Jeff (May 1, 2021). "Michigan basketball lands transfer PG DeVante' Jones from Coastal Carolina". ESPN. Retrieved May 1, 2021.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.