From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Denis Kozhukhin (born in Nizhny Novgorod, 1986) is a Russian pianist who was awarded third prize in the 2006 Leeds International Piano Competition. He was also awarded first prize in the 2010 Belgian Queen Elisabeth Competition for piano.
Kozhukhin was a pupil at the Reina Sofía School of Music in Madrid studying with Dmitri Bashkirov and Claudio Martínez Mehner. Upon graduating, he received his diploma personally from Queen Sofía of Spain and was named best student in his year and twice best chamber group with his own Cervantes Trio. After his studies in Madrid, Kozhukhin was invited to study at the International Piano Academy Lake Como where he received tuition from Dimitri Bashkirov, Fou Ts'ong, Stanislav Ioudenitch, Peter Frankl, William Grant Naboré, John Perry, Menahem Pressler, Boris Berman, Charles Rosen and Andreas Staier.
- Franck - Symphony in D Minor & Symphonic Variations. Gustavo Gimeno, Denis Kozhukhin, Orchestre Philarmonique Luxembourg. PENTATONE PTC 5186771 (2020)
- Grieg & Mendelssohn - Piano Works. PENTATONE PTC 5186734 (2019)
- Richard Strauss - Burleske/Ein Heldenleben. Marc Albrecht, Denis Kozhukhin, Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra. PENTATONE PTC 5186617 (2018).
- Maurice Ravel and George Gershwin - Piano Concertos. Kazuki Yamada, Orchestre de la Suisse Romande. PENTATONE PTC 5186620 (2018).
- Brahms - Ballades & Fantasies. PENTATONE PTC 5186568 (2017)
- Tchaikovsky & Grieg Piano concertos. Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester Berlin/Vassily Sinaisky. PENTATONE PTC 5186566 (2016)
- Joseph Haydn. Piano sonatas, Onyx ONYX4118 (2014)
- Prokofiev, Piano Sonata No. 6, No. 7 and No. 8. Onyx ONYX4111 (2013), debut album.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.