From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eddy Gesualdo with the Winnipeg Fury
|Full name||Eduardo Gesualdo|
|Date of birth||November 28, 1968|
|Place of birth||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Eddy played with the Winnipeg Fury, from 1990 to 1992. In 1992, he asked for his release from the club, after their 5-2 victory against Montreal Supra at Winnipeg Stadium, following a decrease in his playing time. He had made 14 total appearances during the 1990 and 1991 seasons, but had not made any appearances in 1992.
He has also been noted to play with the Sons of Italy Lions, Ital-Inter, Lucania and AC Italia in Winnipeg. In 2008, the 1992 Canadian Soccer League Champion Winnipeg Fury were inducted into the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame, with members of the team re-uniting to play against local team AC Italia, which was Gesualdo's current team, resultng in him playing against his former teammates..
- "1991 Canadian Soccer League Media Guide". Canadian Soccer League.
- Hoye, Bryce (June 13, 2018). "Winnipeg soccer stars disappointed as Manitoba left out of 2026 World Cup co-hosting". CBC.
- Prest, Ashley (1992). "Winnipegger Walks Away From Fury". Winnipeg Free Press.
- "Eddy Gesualdo". Stats Crew.
- Prest, Ashley (November 7, 2008). "Winnipeg Fury champions, trophy to make last visit to soccer pitch". Winnipeg Free Press.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.