From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Borja with South China in 2016
|Full name||Félix Alexander Borja Valencia|
|Date of birth||April 2, 1983|
|Place of birth||San Lorenzo, Ecuador|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2007–2008||→ Mainz 05 (loan)||32||(16)|
|2013||→ Puebla (loan)||25||(7)|
|2014||→ LDU Quito (loan)||16||(2)|
|2014||→ Chivas USA (loan)||12||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of June 9, 2017|
Félix Alexander Borja Valencia (born April 2, 1983) is an Ecuadorian footballer, who last played for El Nacional in the Ecuadorian Serie A. He is nicknamed the "kangaroo", or "the cobra of Ecuador", for the spring in his jump. His height makes it easy to score goals for his club and country.
His transfer to Greek league champions Olympiacos made him the first Ecuadorian player to play for a Greek team. Borja was declared Copa Libertadores de América's joint top goalscorer two months after his transfer to Olympiacos.
Due to his sub-standard performances for Olympiacos in his first season, as well as the fact that he occupies a non-EU player spot at his current team's roster, Olympiacos had the desire at the end of the 2006–07 season to sell him or loan him for the upcoming season. Due to that decision by the club, Borja was loaned out to German club Mainz 05 for the 2007–08 season. At the end of the season, Mainz signed him permanently. During the winter transfer window of the 2010-11 season, Borja was allowed to leave on a free transfer ahead of an expected move to Mexican club Puebla F.C.
In the 2011–12 Apertaura season, he was transferred to Pachuca F.C.
He was included in the Ecuador for the 2006 FIFA World Cup. He played in several of the 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying matches for the Ecuadorian national team, including the game against Uruguay which confirmed their passage to Germany 06. He made one appearance at the tournament against Germany, where they were defeated 0–3.
He featured in friendlies after the FIFA World Cup, even scoring against Brazil in an October 2006 friendly in Sweden. He was called up to Ecuador for the 2007 Copa América, and started in the final group game against Brazil.
- Scores and results list Ecuador's goal tally first.
|1.||18 August 2005||Estadio Federativo Reina del Cisne, Loja, Ecuador||Venezuela||1–0||3–1||Friendly|
|2.||27 December 2005||Cairo International Stadium, Cairo, Egypt||Senegal||1–1||1–2||2005 LG Cup|
|3.||10 October 2006||Råsunda Stadium, Stockholm, Sweden||Brazil||1–0||1–2||Friendly|
- As of April 26, 2016
|El Nacional||2001||Serie A||9||4||–||1||0||10||4|
|Mainz 05||2007–08||2. Bundesliga||32||16||1||1||0||0||33||17|
|Puebla||2011 Clausura||Liga MX||15||6||0||0||0||0||15||6|
|2012 Apertura||Liga MX||12||5||1||1||0||0||13||6|
|Puebla||2013 Clausura||Liga MX||14||7||2||1||0||0||16||8|
|2013 Apertura||Liga MX||11||0||0||0||0||0||11||0|
|LDU Quito||2014||Serie A||16||2||–||0||0||16||2|
|Mushuc Runa||2015||Serie A||11||1||–||0||0||11||1|
|Real Garcilaso||2015||Primera División||14||1||–||0||0||14||1|
|South China||2015–16||Premier League||5||0||6||3||0||0||11||3|
- "Félix Borja". footballdatabase.eu. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- "Chivas USA acquire forward Felix Borja on loan from LDU Quito to help bolster attack". mlssoccer.com. MLS. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- Copa Libertadores 2006
- Thomas Zocher (8 December 2010). "Borja granted Mainz exit". skysports.com. Sky UK. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Mainzer "Maskenmann" Borja wechselt nach Mexiko" [Mainz "Mask Man" transfers to Mexico] (in German). Süddeutsche Zeitung. December 9, 2010. Archived from the original on December 13, 2010. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- "Ecuador". FIFA.com. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Ecuador 0 – 3 Germany". FIFA.com. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Brazil - Ecuador". conmebol.com. 4 July 2007. Archived from the original on 3 June 2008. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Borja, Félix". National Football Teams. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.