From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Directed by||George B. Seitz|
|Screenplay by||William R. Lipman|
|Produced by||Frederick Stephani|
|Edited by||Ben Lewis|
|Music by||David Snell|
Gallant Sons is a 1940 American mystery film directed by George B. Seitz and written by William R. Lipman and Marion Parsonnet. The film stars Jackie Cooper, Bonita Granville, Gail Patrick, Gene Reynolds, June Preisser, Ian Hunter, Leo Gorcey, William Tracy and El Brendel. The film was released on November 15, 1940, by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
Two boys, Johnny Davis and Byron "By" Newbold, are best friends. Their fathers, however, are not. By’s father is in charge of the local paper and usually confronts Johnny’s father about suspicious activity putting the boys at odds with one another.
- Jackie Cooper as Byron 'By' Newbold
- Bonita Granville as Kate Pendleton
- Gail Patrick as Clare Pendleton
- Gene Reynolds as Johnny Davis
- June Preisser as Dolly Matson
- Ian Hunter as 'Natural' Davis
- Leo Gorcey as 'Doc' Reardon
- William Tracy as 'Beefy' Monrose
- El Brendel as Olaf Larsen
- Tommy Kelly as Harwood 'Woody' Hollister
- Edward Ashley-Cooper as Al Posna
- Minor Watson as Barton Newbold
- Ferike Boros as Madame Wachek
- Charlotte Wynters as Estelle
- Don Douglas as Hackberry
- George Lessey as Judge
- "Gallant Sons (1940) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- "Movie Review - A Dispatch from Reuters - THE SCREEN IN REVIEW; Four New Films Open Here: 'Third Finger, Left Hand,' With Myrna Loy--A Dispatch From Reuters, 'Moon Over Burma' and 'Gallant Sons'". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.