From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up great white hope or white hope in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Great White Hope is a nickname for something or someone that is expected to succeed. It may refer to:
- James J. Jeffries (1875–1953), American boxer
- William Warren Barbour (1888–1943), American amateur boxer
- Willie de Wit (born 1961), Canadian boxer
- Jess Willard (1881-1968), American boxer
- Gerry Cooney (born 1956), American boxer
- Jerry Quarry (1945-1999), American boxer
- Larry Bird (born 1956), American professional basketball player
- Tommy Morrison (1969-2013), American boxer
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.