From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Hour of the Assassin|
|Directed by||Luis Llosa Urquidi|
|Written by||Matt Leipzig|
|Edited by||William Flicker|
|Music by||Fred Myrow|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
Hour of the Assassin (also known as Spanish: Misión en los Andes) is a 1987 action–drama film starring Erik Estrada, Robert Vaughn, Alfredo Álvarez Calderón, Orlando Sacha, Reynaldo Arenas, and Lourdes Berninzon. The film was directed by Luis Llosa Urquidi and written by Matt Leipzig. Hour of the Assassin was executive produced by Roger Corman.
Employed by a group of generals, Martin Fiero (Estrada), a former Green Beret, is hired to assassinate the newly elected President of San Pedro de Tacna, Peru. They feel threatened by the liberal sympathies of the new president-elect. The generals, having killed Fiero's father years ago, trick Fiero into thinking he is working for the leftist People's Party. Meanwhile, a CIA agent, Sam Merrick (Vaughn), is sent to stop to the assassination. It is a race against time as the agent must stop Fiero before it is too late.
- Erik Estrada as Martin Fierro
- Robert Vaughn as Sam Merrick
- Alfredo Álvarez Calderón as Ortiz
- Orlando Sacha as Folco
- Reynaldo Arenas as Paladoro
- Lourdes Berninzon as Adriana
- Ramón García as Navarro
- Oswaldo Fernández as Casals
- Ramón García Ribeyro as Andujar
- Gustavo MacLennan as Doc
- Alberto Montalva as Costa
- Francisco Giraldo as Roberto Villaverde
- Estela Paredes as Paladoro's Wife
- Javier Solís as Marcelo
- Franjo Antich as Tough Kid Motorbike
- Baldomero Cáceres as Tough Kid Castilla (credited as Baldomero Caceres)
- Maria Teresa Gagodorca as Luisa
- German Paredes as Santiago (credited as German Gonzales)
- Victoria Ruétalo; Dolores Tierney, eds. (2009). Latsploitation, Exploitation Cinemas, and Latin America (Routledge Advances in Film Studies) (1st ed.). Abingdon-on-Thames: Routledge. ISBN 978-0415993869.
- "Hour of the Assassin". Turner Classic Movies. Atlanta: Turner Broadcasting System (Time Warner). Retrieved December 23, 2016.
- Maltin 2008, p. 635.
- "Hour of Assassin". BFI National Archive. United Kingdom: British Film Institute. Retrieved December 23, 2016.
- "Hour of Assassin". MUBI. United Kingdom. Retrieved December 23, 2016.
- Ruétalo & Tierney 2009, p. 55. sfn error: no target: CITEREFRuétaloTierney2009 (help)
- "Hour of Assassin". TV Guide. Retrieved December 23, 2016.
- Maltin, Leonard (2014). Leonard Maltin's 2015 Movie Guide. New York City: Signet. ISBN 978-0451468499.
- Hour of the Assassin. Warner Home Video. Burbank, California: Warner Bros. May 26, 1987. ASIN 6301969987.
- "Hour of Assassin". Shopping Carts Plus. Australia . Retrieved December 23, 2016.
- Maltin, Leonard (2008). Leonard Maltin's 2009 Movie Guide. New York City: Plume. p. 635. ISBN 978-0452289789.
- Victoria Ruétalo; Dolores Tierney, eds. (2009). Latsploitation, Exploitation Cinemas, and Latin America (Routledge Advances in Film Studies) (1st ed.). Abingdon-on-Thames: Routledge. p. 55. ISBN 978-0415993869.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.