From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||2 Ishikawachō, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken v|
|Distance||3.8 km from Yokohama|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Status||Staffed ( "Midori no Madoguchi" )|
|Opened||19 May 1964|
Location within Kanagawa Prefecture
Ishikawachō Station (Japan)
Ishikawachō Station is served by the Negishi Line, which is linked with the Keihin-Tōhoku Line from Yokohama to Ōmiya, and is also served by some Yokohama Line through-running services. The station is 3.8 km from the starting point of the Negishi Line at Yokohama and 62.9 km from the starting point of the Keihin-Tōhoku Line at Ōmiya.
|1||Negishi Line||for Isogo and Ōfuna|
|2||Keihin-Tohoku LineNegishi Line-||for Yokohama, Tokyo, and Ōmiya|
|Yokohama Line||for Yokohama, Nagatsuta, Machida, and Hachiōji|
Due to confusion generated from which station on the Negishi Line was closest to Motomachi and the local Chinatown, the station signage and the visual train announcements were changed on September 15, 2016 to read "Ishikawachō 'Motomachi-Chūkagai' Station" (石川町〈元町・中華街〉駅, Ishikawachō-Motomachi-Chūkagai-eki). Despite the station's now similar name to Motomachi-Chūkagai Station on the Minato Mirai Line, the two stations are located relatively far from each other.
In fiscal 2019, the station was used by an average of 23,377 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
The passenger figures (boarding passengers only) for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
The station is located near the Motomachi and Yokohama Chinatown tourist areas in Yokohama. However, Motomachi-Chūkagai Station on the Minato Mirai Line, which opened in 2004, is closer to those locations.
- 日本国有鉄道停車場一覧 [JNR Station Directory]. Japan: Japanese National Railways. 1985. p. 33. ISBN 4-533-00503-9.
- 駅名表示を石川町（元町・中華街）に変更 ＪＲ東日本横浜支社 [JR East to change station name signs to Ishikawachō 'Motomachi-Chūkagai']. Nikkei Shimbun (in Japanese). Japan: Nikkei Inc. 29 July 2016. Archived from the original on 28 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2019年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2019)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2020. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Archived from the original on 9 October 2014. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- 神奈川県県勢要覧（平成28年度 [Kanagawa Prefecture official statistics (fiscal 2010)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Prefecture. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.