From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|No. of graves||5,500|
The Jewish congregation in Copenhagen purchased a 900 square metre site outside the city for use as a burial site in the early 1690s. The oldest burial in the cemetery is from 1694. Further acquisitions of land had brought the cemetery up to its current size by 1854 but it was still passed out of use when a new Jewish cemetery opened in connection with the new Vestre Cemetery.
The brick wall which today surrounds the cemetery on three sides, along Møllegade, Guldbergsgade and Birkegade, was built in 1873 to a design by Vilhelm Tvede. The entrance is on Møllegade. The cemetery was listed in 1983.
- David Baruch Adler, broker
- Hanna Adler, educator
- Joel Ballin, engraver
- Samuel Jacob Ballin, physician
- Sophus Berendsen, industrialist
- Herman Bing, book dealer
- Jacob Herman Bing, industrialist
- Meyer Herman Bing, industrialist
- Simon Aron Eibeschütz, philanthropist
- Liepmann Fraenckel, portrait painter
- David Halberstadt, merchant
- Ludvig Heckscher, lawyer
- Marie Henriques, painter
- Martin Henriques, banker
- Nathan Henriques, painter
- Sally Henriques, painter
- Samuel Henriques, painter
- Isaac W. Heyman, businessman
- Samuel Jacobi, physician
- Ahron Jacobson, engraver
- Albert Jacobson, ædelstenskærer
- David Ahron Jacobson, engraver
- Salomon Ahron Jacobson, engraver
- Isidor Kalckar, painter
- Israel Levin, linguist
- Moritz Levy, national bank manager
- Moritz G. Melchior, merchant
- Moses Melchior, merchant
- Nathan Melchior, eye surgeon
- Moses Mendel, printer
- Hartvig Philip Rée, merchant
- Salomon Soldin, book dealer
- Arnold Wallick, stage painter
- Abraham Wolff, Chief Rabbi
- "Nørrebros jødiske kirkegård åbnes for offentligheden" (in Danish). AOK. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Mosarisk Begravelsesplads" (in Danish). Kulturstyrelsen. Retrieved 2013-09-17.
- Bruce-Jones, Henry (24 April 2019). "Jóhann Jóhannsson's early works to be reissued on Retrospective I". Fact. Retrieved 9 November 2020.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.