From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Show||The Big Show, The Fred Allen Show/Texaco Star Theater, The Life of Riley|
Jimmy Wallington was an American radio personality.
After playing small roles in a few Hollywood films, he was the announcer for several popular radio shows in the 1940s and 1950s.
Wallington was the announcer for several popular radio shows in the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s, including Texaco Star Theatre with Fred Allen (1941–44) and Texaco Town with Eddie Cantor. As with most announcers, Wallington would announce the program's star, then read the sponsor's commercials. In addition, he was often given comedy lines. When radio shows moved to television, he continued as a television announcer in the 1950s. (see the Filmography section)
After years as a radio announcer, he became a TV star in California doing Life Insurance and other commercials. He ended his professional radio career as a Voice of America radio announcer in the Worldwide English service.
- Joe Palooka in Triple Cross (1951) .... Himself
- Hollywood Stadium Mystery (1938) .... Nick Nichols
- Start Cheering (1938) .... Announcer
- During August 1934 toured, with the Three X Sisters, Mary Small, and other entertainers, as NBC radio personality at the famous Steel Pier music hot spot.
- The Alan Young Show ... himself - announcer
- The Big Show (1950–1951) .... Himself - Announcer
- The Life of Riley (1949–1951) .... Himself - Announcer
- Screen Director's Playhouse (1949–1951) .... Himself - Announcer
- Stranger Than Fiction (1934–1939) .... Himself - Announcer
- The Fred Allen Show (1940s) .... Himself - Announcer
- The Martin and Lewis Show (1949–51) . . . Himself - Announcer
Announcer NBC radio mid-1930s https://www.myspace.com/my/photos/photo/22962106/ Jimmy Wallington radio NBC
- Wallington, Jimmy. "Hollywood Walk of Fame Directory". Archived from the original on 2007-10-19. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- Wallington, Jimmy. "Old Radio Forums". Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- Wallington, Jimmy (2011). "NY Times Filmography". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on May 19, 2011. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- Sies, Luther F. (2014). Encyclopedia of American Radio, 1920-1960, 2nd Edition, Volume 1. McFarland & Company, Inc. ISBN 978-0-7864-5149-4. P. 16.
- Wallington, Jimmy. "Premier Collections - The Big Show Volume 1". Retrieved 2007-11-25.
- Stiller, Jerry. "Stiller Mania - Chapter 12 "Seeing Eddie Cantor"". Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2007-11-25.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.