From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|King of Chinatown|
|Directed by||Nick Grinde|
|Screenplay by||Lillie Hayward|
|Story by||Herbert Biberman|
|Produced by||Harold Hurley|
|Starring||Anna May Wong|
J. Carrol Naish
|Edited by||Eda Warren|
|Music by||Gerard Carbonara|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
King of Chinatown is a 1939 American crime film directed by Nick Grinde and written by Lillie Hayward and Irving Reis. The film stars Anna May Wong, Akim Tamiroff, J. Carrol Naish, Sidney Toler, Philip Ahn, Anthony Quinn and Bernadene Hayes. The film was released on March 17, 1939, by Paramount Pictures.
- Anna May Wong as Dr. Mary Ling
- Akim Tamiroff as Frank Baturin
- J. Carrol Naish as Professor
- Sidney Toler as Dr. Chang Ling
- Philip Ahn as Robert 'Bob' Li
- Anthony Quinn as Mike Gordon
- Bernadene Hayes as Dolly Warren
- Roscoe Karns as 'Rip' Harrigan
- Ray Mayer as 'Potatoes'
- Richard Denning as Protective Association Henchman
- Archie Twitchell as Hospital Interne
- Eddie Marr as Henchman Bert
- George Anderson as Detective
- Charles B. Wood as Henchman Red
- George Magrill as Second Gangster
- Charles Trowbridge as Dr. Jones
- Lily King as Chinese Woman
- Wong Chung as Chinese Man
- Chester Gan as Mr. Foo
- Pat West as Fight Announcer
- Guy Usher as Investigator
- Nugent, Frank S. (1939-03-16). "Movie Review - King of Chinatown - THE SCREEN; A Charitable Bad Man". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
- "King of Chinatown". Afi.com. 1939-03-17. Retrieved 2015-03-30.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.