From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Date of birth||15 June 1998|
|Place of birth||Rotterdam, Netherlands|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2019–2021||Jong Sparta Rotterdam||1||(0)|
|2020–2021||→ ADO Den Haag (loan)||4||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 October 2020|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 February 2015
After spells with hometown club Sparta Rotterdam and Dutch giants PSV, Faye joined Vitesse in January 2016. After impressing for the Vitesse reserve side, Faye appeared on the first-team bench several times throughout the 2016–17 campaign. On 14 December 2016, Faye made his Vitesse debut in a KNVB Cup tie against Jodan Boys, in which Vitesse won 4–0. On 19 February 2017, Faye made his league debut for Vitesse in their 1–0 home defeat against Ajax, featuring for 83 minutes before being replaced by the returning Alexander Büttner.
Following the appointment of Leonid Slutsky and the arrival of full-back, Max Clark, Faye was deemed surplus to requirements at Vitesse in August 2018 and was subsequently demoted back down to the reserve side and listed for transfer.
Faye was born in the Netherlands to a Senegalese father and Cape Verdean mother. He is a youth international for the Netherlands.
- As of match played 9 May 2018.
- Lassana Faye at WorldFootball.net
- Lassana Faye debuteert bij Vitesse: ik dank God voor prachtige avond - Omroep Gelderland (in Dutch)
- "Lassana Faye". Vitesse Supporters Site. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "L. Faye". Soccerway. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Vitesse vs. Jodan Boys". Soccerway. 14 December 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Vitesse vs. Ajax". Soccerway. 19 February 2017. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Vitesse probeert Lassana Faye te verkopen" (in Dutch). Omroep Gelderland. 17 August 2018. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Lassana Faye, arrière gauche Ado Den Haag : "Je rêve tôt tard de jouer pour le Sénégal" - Equipe nationale Football, Gaindés Football". October 26, 2020.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.