From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Lay That Rifle Down|
|Directed by||Charles Lamont|
|Written by||Barry Shipman|
|Produced by||Sidney Picker|
|Cinematography||John L. Russell|
|Edited by||Arthur Roberts|
|Music by||R. Dale Butts|
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
Judy Canova works in a hotel for her domineering aunt. Her unscrupulous relatives try to blackmail and dupe her into selling her apparently worthless farm, having been led to believe that it has enormous potential value by a couple of confidence tricksters.
- Judy Canova as Judy Canova
- Robert Lowery as Nick Stokes, aka Poindexter March, III
- Jil Jarmyn as Betty Greeb
- Jacqueline deWit as Aunt Sarah Greeb
- Richard Deacon as Glover Speckleton
- Robert Burton as General Ballard
- James Bell as Mr. Fetcher
- Leon Tyler as Horace Speckleton
- Tweeny Canova as Tweeny Greeb
- Hurst p.233
- Hurst, Richard M. Republic Studios: Beyond Poverty Row and the Majors. Scarecrow Press, 2007.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.