From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lester John Orlebeke
June 26, 1907
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA
|Died||August 2, 1970 (aged 63)|
|Occupation||Film editor, film director|
Lester was born in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, to John Orlebeke and Mary Ellen Boyd. According to census records, his father's family was from Holland, and his mother's family hailed from Ireland. Lester moved to Los Angeles as a young man and found employment as a film editor and occasional director at Republic Studios. He helped make training films for the U.S. Air Force during World War II, during which time he was stationed in Dayton, Ohio. He died of a heart attack in Los Angeles, California, in 1970, at the age of 63.
- Ghost-Town Gold (1936)
- Range Defenders (1937)
- Come on, Cowboys (1937)
- The Old Barn Dance (1938)
- Billy the Kid Returns (1938)
- The Arizona Kid (1939)
- Rough Riders' Round-up (1939)
- Southward Ho (1939)
- Heroes of the Saddle (1940)
- The Ranger and the Lady (1940)
- Young Bill Hickok (1940)
- Pioneers of the West (1940)
- Prairie Pioneers (1941)
- Pals of the Pecos (1941)
- Saddlemates (1941)
- Outlaws of Cherokee Trail (1941)
- Gauchos of El Dorado (1941)
- West of Cimarron (1941)
- Nevada City (1941)
- Sunset on the Desert (1942)
- Shadows on the Sage (1942)
- Stagecoach to Denver (1946)
- Apache Rose (1947)
- Bells of San Angelo (1947)
- Teaserama (1955)
- "Lester Orlebeck". BFI. Archived from the original on July 20, 2012. Retrieved February 23, 2014.
- Phillips, Robert W. (May 1, 1995). Roy Rogers: A Biography, Radio History, Television Career Chronicle, Discography, Filmography, Comicography, Merchandising and Advertising History, Collectibles Description, Bibliography, and Index. McFarland. ISBN 978-0-89950-937-2.
- "Hollywood Film Expert of Sheboygan Writes of Service". The Sheboygan Press. December 9, 1942. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
- "Lester J. Orleback". The Sheboygan Press. August 4, 1970. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.