From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Restaurants, shops, and character meets are listed in this article. The term "attractions" is used by Disney as a catch-all term for rides, shows, and exhibits.
Main article: Discovery Island
- It's Tough to Be a Bug! - a 3D show was based on the 1998 Disney/Pixar film A Bug's Life.
- Discovery Island Trails - an animal exhibit/walkthrough attraction.
- The Tree of Life - an artificial tree which is a park's icon featuring the sculptures of animals.
- Discovery River Boats - a riverboat ride. Originally opened on April 22, 1998. Closed in September 1998 and re-opened as Discovery River Taxis in November 1998. The attraction closed again in January 1999, only to be re-opened yet again in March 1999, this time as the Disney Radio River Cruise.
- Mickey’s Jammin' Jungle Parade - a parade that centers around Mickey Mouse and other Disney animals paraded through Discovery Island to Africa.
- March of the Art-imals Parade - a parade showcasing the performance and floats of artistic style animals.
Main article: Pandora – The World of Avatar
Main article: Africa
- Kilimanjaro Safaris - a safari-alike attraction that takes guests on the safari tour of African animals roams freely in the replica of African wildlife landscape.
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail - an animal exhibit/walkthrough attraction featuring gorillas, colobus monkeys, okapis, etc.
- Wild Africa Trek - an animal exhibit/walkthrough attraction with African animals located nearby Kilimanjaro Safaris.
- Wildlife Express Train, Harambe Station - a train ride.
Main article: Rafiki's Planet Watch
- Affection Section
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
- Habitat Habit!
- Wildlife Express Train
Main article: Asia
- Expedition Everest - a roller coaster themed to Mount Everest.
- Kali River Rapids - a river rapids ride along the Chakranadi River.
- Maharajah Jungle Trek - a tour featuring more than 100 species of animals
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure - Opened April 22, 2018, replacing Flights of Wonder. A stage show featuring exotic birds and characters from Disney/Pixar's Up.
- Flights of Wonder - closed on December 31, 2017 New Year's Eve. Replaced by UP! A Great Bird Adventure.
Main article: DinoLand U.S.A.
- Dino-Sue - A bronze cast of Sue the Tyrannosaurus, which Disney and McDonald's helped acquire for the Field Museum. Some of the fossil preparation work for Sue was done at the park in a temporary Fossil Preparation Lab.
- Cretaceous Trail - A small garden featuring plant life that existed in the Mesozoic with statues of dinosaurs. Currently doubles as a meet and greet space for Donald Duck.
- The Boneyard - a dinosaur-themed playground aimed at kids under 5
- Kids Discovery Clubs -
- Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama
- Finding Nemo - The Musical
- Tarzan Rocks
- Journey into the Jungle Book
- Dinosaur Jubilee - A dinosaur skeleton exhibit held in a large tent structure, replaced by Dino-Rama
- Primeval Whirl
- Veness, Susan (2015). The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 9781440587818.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.