From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Live album by |
Tim Berne's Big Satan
|Tim Berne chronology|
|All About Jazz|||
The All About Jazz review by John Kelman said "Dark and spacious in places, visceral, dense and penetrating in others, the impact of Livein Cognito can be heard in the audience's response. They may not always know how they're getting where they're going, but Big Satan fans can always be assured an intriguing trip". The JazzTimes review by Mike Shanley said "The synergy of Big Satan—Berne, Ducret and Rainey—is on full display on Livein Cognito, a two-disc live set. The herky-jerky and the ungrounded qualities of the music sometimes make things blend together".
All compositions by Tim Berne except as indicated
Disc One: Desperate
- "Deadpan" - 10:59
- "L' Ombra Di Verdi" (Marc Ducret) - 11:48
- "Untitled" (Ducret) - 14:13
- "Ce Sont les Noms des Mots" (Ducret) - 17:05
- "Un Peu D'Histoire" (Ducret) - 9:36
Disc Two: MoreDesperate
- "Mechanicals Failure" - 10:30
- "Mr. Subliminal" - 12:32
- "Untitled" (Ducret) - 16:19
- "The Mini-Bar Incident" (Berne, Ducret) - 11:00
- "Cause and Reflect" (Ducret) - 11:27
- "BG Uh Oh" (Berne, Baikida Carroll) - 9:14
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.