From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Music Hath Charms|
|Directed by||Thomas Bentley |
Arthur B. Woods
|Produced by||Walter C. Mycroft|
|Written by||Courtney Terrett |
L. du Garde Peach
|Starring||Henry Hall |
|Music by||Benjamin Frankel (arranger)|
|Cinematography||Jack E. Cox |
|Edited by||J. Corbett|
|Distributed by||Wardour Films|
Music Hath Charms is a 1935 British musical comedy film directed by Thomas Bentley, Walter Summers, Arthur B. Woods and Alexander Esway. It stars Henry Hall with the BBC Dance Orchestra, Carol Goodner and Arthur Margetson.
- "Music Hath Charms"—the theme tune is performed twice, first with Dan Donovan on vocals at the beginning of the film, and later at the end with a harmony quartet and mixed chorus.
- "I'm Feeling Happy"—performed when Henry Hall goes to the recording studio. Dan Donovan provides the vocals.
- "There Is No Time Like the Present"—performed at a rehearsal.
- "Honey-Coloured Moon"—performed with vocals by Hildegarde.
- "Many Happy Returns Of The Day"—performed during a montage of Henry Hall's "birthday parade", after which the band-members go missing. This song should not be confused with the Burke-Dubin song of the same name, published in 1931.
- "Just Little Bits and Pieces"—the orchestra is still missing by 5.15, so Henry begins the programme with a piano improvisation, during which his musicians appear one by one.
- "(Serenading A) Big Ship"—featuring Dan Donovan on vocals, the action turns to an African outpost, where a man (probably the Governor) is too distracted by the music to defend himself from an incoming horde of cannibals.
- Henry Hall - Himself
- W.H. Berry - Basil Turner
- Carol Goodner - Mrs. Norbray
- Arthur Margetson - Alan Sterling
- Lorna Hubbard - Marjorie Turner
- Antoinette Cellier - Joan
- Billy Milton - Jack Lawton
- Aubrey Mallalieu - Judge
- Wallace Douglas - George Sheridan
- Edith Sharpe - Miss Wilkinson
- Gus McNaughton - Goodwin
- Hugh Dempster - Tony Blower
- Cyril Smith as BBC Producer
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.