From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||Higashi-chō 16-1, Isogo-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken 235-0005|
|Distance||7.1 km from Yokohama|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Status||Staffed (Midori no Madoguchi)|
|Opened||May 19, 1964|
Location within Kanagawa Prefecture
Negishi Station (Japan)
Negishi Station (根岸駅, Negishi-eki) is a passenger railway station located in Isogo-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan, operated by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East). The station is also a freight terminal on the Japan Freight Railway Company, as well as the terminus for the all-freight Honmoku Line of the Kanagawa Rinkai Railway.
Negishi Station is served by the Negishi Line from Yokohama to Ōfuna in Kanagawa Prefecture. with through services inter-running to and from the Keihin-Tōhoku Line and also the Yokohama Line. It is 7.1 kilometers from the terminus of the Negishi line at Yokohama, and 66.2 kilometers from the northern terminus of the Keihin-Tōhoku Line at Ōmiya.
The station consists of an island platform serving two tracks for normal passenger operations, and an additional five tracks for freight operations. The station has a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office.
|1||Negishi Line||for Isogo and Ōfuna|
|2||Keihin-Tohoku LineNegishi Line-||for Yokohama, Tokyo, and Ōmiya|
|Yokohama Line||for Yokohama, Nagatsuta, Machida, and Hachiōji|
Negishi Station was opened on May 19, 1964, as a station on the Japan National Railways (JNR) for both passenger and freight services. The Kanagawa Rinkai Railway's Honmoku Line, also for freight-only operations, began operations from Negishi on October 1, 1969. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of the Japan National Railways (JNR) in 1987.
In fiscal 2019, the station was used by an average of 21,998 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
The passenger figures (boarding passengers only) for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||daily average|
- ENEOS Negishi Refinery
- Kanagawa Prefectural Hygiene Nursing College
- Yokohama Municipal Negishi Junior High School
- Yokohama Municipal Negishi Elementary School
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2019年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2019)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2020. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- 神奈川県県勢要覧（平成18年度） [Kanagawa Prefecture official statistics (fiscal 2005)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Metropolitan Government. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
- 神奈川県県勢要覧（平成23年度） [Kanagawa Prefecture official statistics (fiscal 2010)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Prefecture. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
- 神奈川県県勢要覧（平成28年度 [Kanagawa Prefecture official statistics (fiscal 2010)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Prefecture. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.