From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||1101 Nishiya-chō, Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken 240-0054|
|Operated by||Sagami Railway|
|Distance||6.9 km from Yokohama|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Opened||1 December 1926|
|Rebuilt||30 November 2019|
Location within Kanagawa Prefecture
Nishiya Station (Japan)
Nishiya Station (西谷駅, Nishiya-eki) is a junction passenger railway station located in Hodogaya-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Sagami Railway (Sotetsu).
The station consists of two island platforms serving four tracks, connected to the station building by a footbridge.
|1-2||■ Sōtetsu Main Line||for Futamatagawa, Yamato,Ebina|
Sōtetsu Izumino Line for Shōnandai
|3||■ Sōtetsu Main Line||for Yokohama|
|4||■ Sōtetsu Shin-Yokohama Line||for Hazawa yokohama-kokudai|
Through to Saikyō Line for Musashi-Kosugi, Ōsaki, and Shinjuku
|Sotetsu Main Line (SO08)|
|Sotetsu Shin-Yokohama Line (SO08)|
|Hazawa yokohama-kokudai||Limited Express (thru to JR Line)||Futamatagawa|
|Yokohama||Commuter Limited Express||Tsurugamine|
|Express: Does not stop at this station|
|Hazawa yokohama-kokudai||Local (thru to JR Line)||Tsurugamine|
Nishiya Station opened on December 1, 1926.
See also: Sōtetsu Shin-Yokohama Line
The Kanagawa Eastern Line is an approximately 10 km link, which is operated from Nishiya to Hiyoshi via Hazawa Yokohama-Kokudai and Shin-Yokohama, that enable through services between the JR East Saikyō Line and the Sōtetsu Main Line by 30 November 2019, and between the Tōkyū Tōyoko Line, the Tōkyū Meguro Line and the Sōtetsu Main Line by late 2022. All Limited Express and Rapid trains will stop here as a result.
In fiscal 2019, the station was used by an average of 24,550 passengers daily.
The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||daily average|
- Japan National Route 16
- Senmarudai housing complex
- Sasayama housing complex
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways] (in Japanese). Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 234. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 相 模 鉄 道 線：乗 降 人 員 [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2019)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanto Traffic Advertising Council. 2020. Retrieved 6 March 2020.
- 神奈川県県勢要覧（平成18年度） [Kanagawa Prefecture official statistics (fiscal 2005)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Metropolitan Government. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
- 神奈川県県勢要覧（平成23年度） [Kanagawa Prefecture official statistics (fiscal 2010)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Prefecture. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
- 神奈川県県勢要覧（平成28年度 [Kanagawa Prefecture official statistics (fiscal 2010)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Prefecture. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.