From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|One Frightened Night|
|Directed by||Christy Cabanne|
|Produced by||Nat Levine (producer)|
George Yohalem (supervising producer)
|Written by||Stuart Palmer (story)|
Wellyn Totman (screenplay)
|Edited by||Ray Curtiss|
|Distributed by||Mascot Pictures|
One Frightened Night is a 1935 American film directed by Christy Cabanne. The film has entered the public domain.
Faced with an upcoming inheritance tax, multimillionaire Jasper Whyte summons a group of people to his mansion to announce that he is leaving each of them one million dollars. This changes when he discovers a long lost granddaughter Doris Waverly who comes to his mansion; Jasper decides to leave his total fortune to her. Another Doris Waverly comes to the mansion and a murder is committed.
- Charley Grapewin as Jasper Whyte
- Lucien Littlefield as Dr. Denham
- Mary Carlisle as The Second Doris Waverly
- Regis Toomey as Tom Dean
- Arthur Hohl as Arthur Proctor
- Fred Kelsey as Sheriff Jenks
- Evalyn Knapp as The Fake Doris Waverly
- Clarence Wilson as Mr. Felix
- Wallace Ford as Joe Luvalle
- Adrian Morris as Deputy Abner
- Hedda Hopper as Laura Proctor
- Rafaela Ottiano as Elvira - the Maid
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.