Philatelic Traders' Society
The Philatelic Traders' Society Ltd. (PTS) is a trade association for stamp dealers and philatelic traders which was established in Britain in 1929 and continues to this day.
The Society acts as a trade association on behalf of philatelic dealers, providing a Code of Conduct, an Arbitration Scheme, a trade directory, a special insurance scheme and similar services.
The Society has stated that it represents members who trade in philatelic material and who provide professional expertise only and that investment advice and encouraging philatelic investment is outside the scope of the Society.
Through its company PTS Stamp and Coin Exhibitions Ltd it organises the long-running British stamp exhibition Stampex twice each year, in the autumn and in the spring.
The majority of the Society's members are based in the United Kingdom but there are also a number of international philatelic dealers in the membership.
The society was formed in 1929 and was incorporated as The Philatelic Traders' Society Limited on 14 September 1946. The company is registered at Companies House in Cardiff as company number 419382.
The first Chairman was Albert H. Harris and the first Secretary was Vera Trinder. The current Chairman is Suzanne Rae (2018/2019). The current Executive Secretary is Lucie Warren. The current Company Secretary is Megan Tester. The society is located in Lingfield, Surrey.
The current, active PTS Council is available on the society website.
Names of the current PTS Directors can be found at Companies House.
- ^ a b c d e "History of the PTS". The Philatelic Traders Society. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- ^ PTS Code of Ethics Archived 2009-10-10 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "GOV.UK". Companies House. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- ^ "PTS Council 2018/2019 - THE PHILATELIC TRADERS' SOCIETY LIMITED". www.thepts.net. Archived from the original on 2019-06-07.
- ^ "PTS Council 2019/2020". PTS. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- ^ "GOV.UK". Companies House. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.