From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by|
|Django Bates chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
Allmusic awarded the album with 4.5 out of 5 stars and its review by Thom Jurek states: "Bates and his band have taken these old warhorses and made them magical again, brought out the starlight and glitter and tossed it about the melodies, stretched the harmonies into cloud shapes, and added enough atmosphere and dimension to make Gil Evans smile from heaven."
- "Speak Low" (Ogden Nash, Kurt Weill) – 9:14
- "Teach Me Tonight" (Sammy Cahn, Gene de Paul) – 3:15
- "And the Mermaid Laughed" (Iain Ballamy, Django Bates) – 3:21
- "Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars" (Antonio Carlos Jobim, Gene Lees) – 3:14
- "Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo" (Helen Deutsch, Bronisław Kaper) – 4:06
- "(In My) Solitude" (Eddie DeLange, Duke Ellington, Eddie DeLange) – 5:10
- "Like Someone in Love" (Johnny Burke, Jimmy Van Heusen) – 3:43
- "Is There Anyone Up There?" (Bates) – 6:10
- "Over the Rainbow" (Harold Arlen, Yip Harburg) – 6:36
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.