From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The play holds the record for the most performances at the National Theatre in Oslo; its 500th performance took place in January 1962. Brandt used the well-known Christmas carol "Silent Night" as a theme for the play. Johan Halvorsen composed the music for the play.
The play has also been performed at many other venues in Norway and abroad.
Brandt's play was adapted as the film Reisen til julestjernen in 1976. The film was directed by Ola Solum and starred Hanne Krogh, Knut Risan, and Bente Børsum. Another film version was made in 2012, directed by Nils Gaup and starring Vilde Marie Zeiner, Agnes Kittelsen, and Anders Baasmo Christiansen. The film versions of the play have been broadcast by NRK on Christmas Eve since the 1990s.
- Crinion Bjaaland, Patricia; Brady, M. Michael; Drabble, Belinda (1999). Living in Norway: Patricia Crinion Bjaaland's Classic Guide for New Residents. Oslo: Norway Palamedes Press. p. 147.
- Egeland, Jorunn (December 24, 2015). "23 ting du kanskje ikke visste om Reisen til Julestjernen". Side2. Retrieved October 30, 2020.
- Anker, Peter; Bækkelund, Kjell Martin; Straume, Eilif (1985). Norske klassikere: portretter av store norske kunstnere innen litteratur, billedkunst og musikk fra 1600-tallet til vårt eget århundre. Oslo: Tiden norsk forlag. p. 201.
- "Reisen til julestjernen (1976)". IMDb. Retrieved November 1, 2020.
- "Journey to the Christmas Star (2012)". IMDb. Retrieved November 1, 2020.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.