|School for Girls|
|Directed by||William Nigh|
|Produced by||M.H. Hoffman|
|Edited by||Mildred Johnston|
|Music by||Abe Meyer|
|Distributed by||Liberty Pictures|
|February 19, 1935|
School for Girls is a 1935 American drama film directed by William Nigh and starring Sidney Fox, Paul Kelly and Lois Wilson. After being convicted of stealing, a young woman is sent to a reformatory administered by a sadistic and corrupt woman. However, one of the board of trustees takes an interest in the new arrival and begins to investigate the management of the institution.
- Sidney Fox as Annette Edlridge
- Paul Kelly as Garry Waltham
- Lois Wilson as Miss Cartwright
- Lucille La Verne as Miss Keeble
- Dorothy Lee as Dorothy Bosworth
- Toby Wing as Hazel Jones
- Dorothy Appleby as Florence Burns
- Lona Andre as Peggy
- Russell Hopton as Elliott Robbins, aka Buck Kreegar
- Barbara Weeks as Nell Davis
- Kathleen Burke as Gladys Deacon
- Anna Q. Nilsson as Dr. Anne Galvin
- Purnell Pratt as Inspector Jameson
- Robert Warwick as Governor
- William Farnum as Charles Waltham
- Charles Ray as Duke
- Mary Foy as Miss Gage
- Anne Shirley as Catherine Fogarty
- Myrtle Stedman as Mrs. Winters
- Eddie Kane as Ted
- Gretta Gould as Mrs. Smoot
- George Cleveland as Reeves
- Helene Chadwick as Larson
- Helen Foster as Eleanor
- Fred Kelsey as Detective
- Edward LeSaint as Judge
- Harry Woods as Detective
- Jack Kennedy as Hansen
- “School for Girls 1935)”, production and release details, the American Film Institute (AFI), Los Angeles, California. Retrieved September 29, 2018.
- “School for Girls”, original print information, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), Turner Broadcasting System, a subsidiary of Time Warner, Inc., New York, N.Y. Retrieved September 29, 2018.
- Pitts, Michael R. Poverty Row Studios, 1929–1940: An Illustrated History of 55 Independent Film Companies, with a Filmography for Each. McFarland & Company, 2005.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.