From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by|
Make Believe Ballroom
|Tim Berne chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
The AllMusic review awarded the album 4½ stars stating "in the case of Science Friction, the result is yet another peak in his recording career -- although when one considers Berne's other releases of the early '00s, the peak looks more like a plateau". The All About Jazz review said that "Compared to Berne's earlier efforts, Science Friction represents a high-water mark. Berne remains one of the most distinctive voices in modern jazz, who—best of all—seems to have an uncanny ability to assemble sympathetic musical collaborators who share his vision".
All compositions by Tim Berne except as indicated
- "Huevos" - 6:27
- "iHornet" - 3:27
- "Sigh Fry" (Berne, Marc Ducret) - 9:50
- "Manatee Woman" - 12:20
- "Mikromaus" - 2:03
- "Jalapeño Diplomacy" - 5:20
- "The Mallomar Maneuvre" (Berne, David Torn) 1:04
- "Clown Finger" - 11:31
- Tim Berne discography, accessed October 15, 2014
- Lynch, D., Allmusic Review accessed October 17, 2014
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (9th ed.). London: Penguin. p. 121. ISBN 978-0-14-103401-0.
- AAJ Staff Science Friction Review All About Jazz, October 25, 2002
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.