Shadows on the Stairs
|Shadows on the Stairs|
|Directed by||D. Ross Lederman|
|Screenplay by||Anthony Coldeway|
|Based on||Murder on the Second Floor|
by Frank Vosper
|Produced by||William Jacobs (associate producer)|
Bryan Foy (producer) (uncredited)
|Cinematography||Allen G. Siegler|
|Edited by||Thomas Pratt|
|Music by||Bernhard Kaun|
|Distributed by||Warner Brothers|
Shadows on the Stairs is a 1941 American mystery film directed by D. Ross Lederman.
It is based on Frank Vosper's play Murder on the Second Floor. The British subsidiary of Warner Brothers had previously produced a film adaptation of the work in 1932.
Residents of a London boarding house come under suspicion during a string of murders.
- Frieda Inescort as Mrs. Stella Rosabelle Armitage
- Paul Cavanagh as Joseph "Joe" Reynolds
- Heather Angel as Sylvia Armitage
- Bruce Lester as Hugh Bromilow
- Miles Mander as Tom Armitage
- Lumsden Hare as Inspector Gregg
- Turhan Bey as Ram Singh
- Charles Irwin as Constable
- Phyllis Barry as Lucy Timson, the Maid
- Mary Field as Phoebe Martia St. John Snell
- Paul Renay as Choong Thi, Hindu Sailor
- Sidney Bracey as Watchman (scenes deleted)
- Charles Irwin - "Comin' Thro' the Rye" (Music Traditional, words by Robert Burns)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.