From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Russian: Шугнанский район |
Tajik: Ноҳияи Шуғнон
|Region||Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region|
|• Total||4,600 km2 (1,800 sq mi)|
|• Density||8.3/km2 (21/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (TJT)|
|Area code||+992 355|
Shughnon District (Russian: Шугнанский район, Tajik: Ноҳияи Шуғнон Nohiyai Shughnon, Shughni: Xuɣ̌nůn noiya) is a district in eastern Tajikistan, in the central-western part of Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO). It is bordered by the river Panj and Afghanistan on the west, the Rushan Range and Rushon District on the north, Murghob District on the east and the Shughnon Range and Roshtqal'a District on the south. It corresponds to the valley of the river Gunt. The district seat is the village Vahdat. The population of Shughnon District is 38,000 (1 January 2020 estimate).
|Jamoat||Population (Jan. 2015)|
- "Population of the Republic of Tajikistan as of 1 January 2020" (PDF) (in Russian). Statistics office of Tajikistan. Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- "КОНСТИТУЦИЯ РЕСПУБЛИКИ ТАДЖИКИСТАН". prokuratura.tj. Parliament of Tajikistan. Retrieved 9 January 2020.
- Republic of Tajikistan, map showing administrative division as of January 1, 2004, "Tojikkoinot" Cartographic Press, Dushanbe
- Official website Shughnon District, "Марказ: шаҳраки Ваҳдат"
- "Regions of the Republic of Tajikistan 2017" (PDF) (in Russian). Statistics office of Tajikistan. pp. 15–21. Retrieved 12 October 2020.
- Jamoat-level basic indicators, United Nations Development Programme in Tajikistan, accessed 3 October 2020
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.