From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Best Place to Be|
|Directed by||David Miller|
Efrem Zimbalist Jr.
|Music by||Henry Mancini|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producers||Aaron Spelling|
Marvin Miller (associate producer)
|Cinematography||Terry K. Meade|
|Running time||195 min.|
|Production company||Ross Hunter Productions Inc.|
NBC Universal Television Distribution
|Original release||May 27, 1979|
Hunter planned a sequel but this did not eventuate.
A widowed mother has an affair with a younger man.
- Donna Reed as Sheila Callahan
- Efrem Zimbalist Jr. as Bill Reardan
- Mildred Dunnock as Rose Price
- Betty White as Sally Cantrell
- John Phillip Law as Dr Gary Mancini
- Stephanie Zimbalist as Maryanne Callahan
- Michael J Shannon as Patrick Callahan
- Gregory Harrison as Rick Jawlosky
- Timothy Hutton as Tommy Callahan
- Lloyd Bochner as Bob Stockwood
- Madlyn Rhue as Emily Stockwood
- Rick Jason as Paul Bellinger
- Alice Backes as Kitty Rawlings
Reed said of her character, "In a way, she is a child-woman. She must learn to grow up and earn her own way. It's a long, hard battle. The children get into trouble. She takes on the wrong lover, a younger man. It's really about a woman who grows up enough to know the difference between a really good, old-fashioned man and a rogue and a playboy. She learns the lesson and finally meets a man who is right for her."
One review called it "a two part corpse".
- Donna Reed to Return to TV Los Angeles Times 3 Oct 1978: e12.
- Donna Reed: Back Where She Wants to Be Smith, Cecil. Los Angeles Times 4 Dec 1978: f1.
- Donna Reed back on TV in NBC drama The Globe and Mail 8 Jan 1979: P.14.
- TV REVIEW: Any where Else Is 'Best Place to Be' Rosenberg, Howard. Los Angeles Times 26 May 1979: c2.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.