From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Chalice of Sorrow|
|Directed by||Rex Ingram|
|Written by||Rex Ingram|
|Based on||the play La Tosca by Victorien Sardou. And its opera spinoff La Tosca by Giacomo Puccini, Luigi Illica and Giuseppe Ciacosa|
|Produced by||Bluebird Photoplays|
George W. Lawrence
|Distributed by||Bluebird Photoplays in conjunction with Universal Film Manufacturing Company|
|October 9, 1916|
The Chalice of Sorrow is a 1916 American silent film drama written and directed by Rex Ingram and starring Cleo Madison. It was produced by the Bluebird Photoplays subsidiary of Universal Film Manufacturing Company.
The film was called The Chalice of Remorse in the UK.
- Cleo Madison as Lorelei
- Blanche White as Isabel Clifford
- Charles Cummings as Marion Leslie
- John McDermott as Rance Clifford
- Wedgwood Nowell as Francisco De Sarpina
- Howard Crampton as Siestra
- Albert MacQuarrie as Pietro
- Rhea Haines as Pietro's Wife
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.