The Happy Ending (1931 film)
|The Happy Ending|
|Directed by||Millard Webb|
|Written by||Sidney Gilliat|
H. Fowler Mear
|Based on||The Happy Ending|
by Ian Hay
|Produced by||L'Estrange Fawcett|
|Edited by||R. E. Dearing|
|Distributed by||Gaumont British Distributors|
The Happy Ending is a 1931 British drama film directed by Millard Webb and starring George Barraud, Daphne Courtney and Alfred Drayton. Its plot concerns a father who deserted his family some years before returning home only to find his wife has told his children and neighbours that he died as a hero when he abandoned them. A silent version, of The Happy Ending had been made in 1925 based on the same play by Ian Hay. It was made at Lime Grove Studios. The film's sets were designed by Andrew Mazzei.
- George Barraud as Dennis Craddock
- Daphne Courtney as Mollie Craddock
- Alfred Drayton as Life of the party
- Anne Grey as Mildred Craddock
- Benita Hume as Yvonne
- Cyril Raymond as Anthony Fenwick
- Irene Russell as Wife
- Dolores Judson as Passenger
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927–1939. British Film Institute, 1986.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.