From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The House of a Thousand Candles|
|Directed by||Thomas N. Heffron|
|Produced by||William Nicholas Selig|
|August 23, 1915|
The House of a Thousand Candles is a 1915 American silent mystery film directed by Thomas N. Heffron and starring Harry Mestayer, Grace Darmond and John Charles. Based on a novel of the same name by Meredith Nicholson, it was remade twice. In 1919 another silent film Haunting Shadows and a 1936 sound film The House of a Thousand Candles.
- Harry Mestayer as Jack Glenarm
- Grace Darmond as Marian Evans
- John Charles as Arthur Pickering
- George Backus as John Marshall 'Squire' Glenarm
- Forrest Robinson as Bates
- Edgar Nelson as Larry Donovan
- Emma Glenwood as Theresa Evans
- Gladys Samms as Olivia Evans
- Mary Robson as Carmen
- Effingham Pinto as Don Jose
- Goble p.803
- Goble, Alan. The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film. Walter de Gruyter, 1999.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.