From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Re-Creation of Brian Kent|
|Directed by||Sam Wood|
|Screenplay by||Mary Alice Scully|
Arthur F. Statter
|Based on||The Re-Creation of Brian Kent|
by Harold Bell Wright
|Produced by||Sol Lesser|
T. Roy Barnes
|Distributed by||Principal Distributing|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
The Re-Creation of Brian Kent is a 1925 American drama film directed by Sam Wood and written by Mary Alice Scully and Arthur F. Statter. It is based on the 1919 novel The Re-Creation of Brian Kent by Harold Bell Wright. The film stars Kenneth Harlan, Helene Chadwick, Mary Carr, ZaSu Pitts, Rosemary Theby, T. Roy Barnes, Ralph Lewis, and Russell Simpson. The film was released on February 15, 1925, by Principal Distributing.
To satisfy all the wishes of a demanding wife, Brian Kent steals a large sum from the bank where he works. Overwhelmed with remorse, the man then attempts suicide on a boat that is adrift in a tumultuous river. The small boat, however, ends up entangled in the branches of the willows along the shore and Brian meets Judy, a girl who lives nearby and who introduces him to her aunt Sue. The latter, a kind teacher, has a positive influence on Brian who, trying to leave the past behind, becomes another man and even begins to write a book. But when he falls in love with Betty Jo, he arouses jealousy in Judy, who tells her father about her less than exemplary past. The man informs the bank of Brian's whereabouts, but Aunt Sue manages to persuade the bank president - an old student of his - not to pursue him. His wife, who came to find him, drowns in the river and Brian is now free to start a happy life with Betty Jo.
- Kenneth Harlan as Brian Kent
- Helene Chadwick as Betty Joe
- Mary Carr as Auntie Sue
- ZaSu Pitts as Judy
- Rosemary Theby as Mrs. Kent
- T. Roy Barnes as Harry Green
- Ralph Lewis as Homer Ward
- Russell Simpson as Jap Taylor
- DeWitt Jennings as Detective Ross
- Russ Powell as Sheriff Knox
- Claire de Lorez (uncredited)
- Florence Lee (uncredited)
- Wild Brian Kent (1936)
- "The Re-creation of Brian Kent (1925) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- Janiss Garza. "Re-Creation of Brian Kent (1925) - Sam Wood". AllMovie. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- "The Re-Creation of Brian Kent". Catalog.afi.com. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- Catalog of Holdings The American Film Institute Collection and The United Artists Collection in The Library of Congress, p. 149 c.1978 by The American Film Institute
- The Library of Congress / FIAF American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog: The Re-Creation of Brian Kent
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.