From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Strawberry Roan|
|Directed by||John English|
|Story by||Julian Zimet|
|Produced by||Armand Schaefer|
|Cinematography||Fred Jackman Jr.|
|Edited by||Henry Batista|
Gene Autry Productions
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
Joe is paralyzed by a wild horse, a strawberry roan. His father, Walt, tries to kill the horse in anger but is unsuccessful and the horse escapes. Autry, who stopped Walt from killing the animal, is asked to leave the ranch. He finds the horse and trains it in the hopes of returning it to Joe to give him the will to overcome his disability.
- Santa Clarita, California, USA
- Andy Jauregui Ranch, Placerita Canyon Road, Newhall, California, USA
- Sedona, Arizona, USA
- "The Strawberry Roan" (Curley Fletcher) by Gene Autry
- "Texas Sandman" (Allan Roberts, Doris Fisher) by Gene Autry
- "The Angel Song (When the Angels turn the lights on in Heaven)" (Gene Austin, Curt Massey, Mary Millard) by Gene Autry
- "Can't Shake the Sands of Texas From My Shoes" (Gene Austin, Kenneth Pitts, Diane Johnston) by Gene Autry
- "When the White Roses Bloom in Red River Valley" by Gene Autry
- "The Strawberry Roan". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- "Full cast and crew for The Strawberry Roan". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- "Locations for The Strawberry Roan". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- "Soundtracks for The Strawberry Roan". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- George-Warren, Holly (2007). Public Cowboy no. 1: The Life and Times of Gene Autry. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0195177466.
- Green, Douglas B. (2002). Singing in the Saddle: The History of the Singing Cowboy. Nashville: Vanderbilt University Press. ISBN 978-0826514127.
- Magers, Boyd (2007). Gene Autry Westerns. Madison, NC: Empire Publishing, Inc. ISBN 978-0944019498.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.