The True Jacob (1931 film)
|The True Jacob|
|German||Der wahre Jakob|
|Directed by||Hans Steinhoff|
|Produced by||Anatol Potock|
|Starring||Ralph Arthur Roberts|
|Music by||Artur Guttmann|
Hans J. Salter
The True Jacob (German: Der wahre Jakob) is a 1931 German comedy film directed by Hans Steinhoff and starring Ralph Arthur Roberts, Anny Ahlers, and Felix Bressart. It is based on a play by Franz Arnold and Ernst Bach which has been adapted into numerous films.
The film's sets were designed by the art director Franz Schroedter.
- Ralph Arthur Roberts as Peter Struwe
- Anny Ahlers as Yvette
- Felix Bressart as Böcklein
- Hansi Arnstaedt as Mila
- Paul Henckels as Geheimrat Spülpnagel
- Margot Walter as Lotte
- Viktor de Kowa as James
- Julius Falkenstein as Count Birkstädt
- Vicky Werckmeister as Anna
- Harry Halm as Fred
- Gertrud Wolle as student
- Anna Müller-Lincke as Elise
- Wilhelm Diegelmann as Portier
- Igo Guttmann as Ein Sänger
- Oh, Daddy! (1935)
- One Night Apart (1950)
- The True Jacob (1960)
- ^ Bock, Hans-Michael; Bergfelder, Tim, eds. (2009). The Concise Cinegraph: Encyclopaedia of German Cinema. New York, NY: Berghahn Books. p. 63. ISBN 1571816550. JSTOR j.ctt1x76dm6.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.