From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Wreck of the Hesperus|
|Directed by||Elmer Clifton|
|Screenplay by||John Farrow|
|Based on||"The Wreck of the Hesperus" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow|
|Produced by||Cecil B. de Mille|
|Cinematography||John J. Mescall|
DeMille Pictures Corporation
|Distributed by||Pathé Exchange|
|October 31, 1927|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
- Sam De Grasse as Capt. David Slocum
- Virginia Bradford as Gale Slocum
- Francis Ford as John Hazzard
- Francis Marion as John Hazzard Jr.
- Alan Hale as Singapore Jack
- Ethel Wales as Deborah Slocum
- Josephine Norman as The Bride
- Milton Holmes as Zeke
- Jimmy Aldine as Cabin boy (credited as James Aldine)
- Budd Fine as First Mate
- Slim Summerville
- "Poem Utilized for Sea-Faring Screen Story". Los Angeles Times. July 24, 1927. p. 32.
- "Severe Storm to Be Pictured in Maritime Film". Los Angeles Times. August 7, 1927. p. C8.
- The Wreck of the Hesperus at Arne Andersen's Lost Film Files:lost Pathe Exchange films – 1927
- The Library of Congress/FIAF American Silent Feature Film Survival Database:The Wreck of the Hesperus
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.