From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Henry Thomson Burtis (1896–1971) was an American writer.
Burtis was born in New York. After serving as a lieutenant in US Army Air Service and as a member of the aerial border patrol, Burtis worked as a newspaper reporter before becoming a writer.  He wrote more than two hundred stories for pulp magazines such as Adventure as well as over 20 novels, most of which had an aviation theme and were written for children. Many of his stories appeared in The American Boy. In Old Oklahoma was one of several films that were adapted from his short stories.
Thomson Burtis died in Santa Monica, California, on April 24, 1971.
- Russ Farrell, Airman
- Russ Farrell, Border Patrolman
- Russ Farrell, Test Pilot (1925)
- Russ Farrell, Circus Flyer
- Russ Farrell, Over Mexico
- Rex Lee, Gypsy Flyer
- Rex Lee, On the Border Patrol (1928)
- Rex Lee, Ranger of the Sky (1928)
- Rex Lee, Sky Trailer (1929)
- Rex Lee, Ace of the Airmail
- Rex Lee, Night Flyer (1929)
- Rex Lee's Mysterious Flight (1930)
- Rex Lee, Rough Rider of the Air
- Rex Lee, Aerial Acrobat
- Rex Lee, Trialing Air Bandits (1931)
- Daredevils of the Air (1932)
- Four Aces (1932)
- Wing for Wing (1932)
- Flying Blackbirds
- Haunted Airways
- Straight Shooting
- Flying Blood
- New Guinea Gold (adapted into the movie Crosswinds_(film))
- Sisters of the Chorus (play)
- "Authors : Burtis, Thomson : SFE : Science Fiction Encyclopedia". www.sf-encyclopedia.com. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- Journal of the Executive Proceedings of the Senate of the United States of America, Volume LVII: March 4, 1921-March 15, 1921, p 189.
- Jones, Robert Kenneth. The Lure of Adventure. Starmont House,1989 ISBN 1-55742-143-9 (p.23)
- Erisman, Fred, Boys' Books, Boys' Dreams, and the Mystique of Flight. Boys' Books, Boys' Dreams, and the Mystique of Flight. TCU Press, 2006. ISBN 0-87565-330-8 (pp. 88-92)
- "Thomson Burtis". IMDb. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.