From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Directed by||Marcel Pagnol|
|Written by||Marcel Pagnol|
|Based on||Topaze |
by Marcel Pagnol
|Edited by||Monique Lacombe|
|Music by||Raymond Legrand|
Les Films Marcel Pagnol
|Distributed by||Gaumont Distribution|
Topaze is a 1951 French comedy film directed by Marcel Pagnol and starring Fernandel, Hélène Perdrière and Marcel Vallée. It is based on Pagnol's own 1928 play of the same name, which has been adapted for the screen a number of times including a 1936 film directed by Pagnol.
- Fernandel as Albert Topaze
- Hélène Perdrière as Suzy Courtois
- Jacqueline Pagnol as Ernestine Muche
- Marcel Vallée as M. Muche
- Jacques Castelot as Roger Gaëtan de Bersac
- Milly Mathis as La barone / The Baroness
- Yvette Etiévant as La dactylo de Topaze / Topaze's typist
- Robert Moor as Le vénérable vieillard
- Rivers Cadet as L'agent de police
- Marcel Loche as Un domestique
- Pierre Larquey as Tamise
- Jacques Morel as Régis Castel-Vernac
- Vincendeau p.74
- Vincendeau, Ginette. The Companion to French Cinema. Cassell, 1996.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.