From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Gemeinde Tramin an der Weinstraße|
Comune di Termeno sulla Strada del Vino
Location of Tramin in Italy
Tramin (Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol)
|Province||South Tyrol (BZ)|
|Frazioni||Rungg (Ronchi), Söll (Sella)|
|• Mayor||Wolfgang Oberhofer|
|• Total||19.4 km2 (7.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||276 m (906 ft)|
|• Density||170/km2 (440/sq mi)|
Italian: di Termeno
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Tramin an der Weinstraße (German pronunciation: [traˈmiˑn an dɐ ˈvaɪ̯nˌʃtraˑsə]; Italian: Termeno sulla Strada del Vino [terˈmeːno ˈsulla ˈstraːda del ˈviːno]), often abbreviated to Tramin or Termeno, is a comune (municipality) in South Tyrol, northern Italy, located about 20 kilometres (12 miles) southwest of the city of Bolzano. The name of the grape variety Gewürztraminer has its origins in Tramin.
As of November 30, 2010, Tramin had a population of 3,296 and an area of 19.4 square kilometres (7.5 sq mi).
The municipality of Tramin contains the frazioni (subdivisions, mainly villages and hamlets) Rungg (Ronchi) and Söll (Sella).
The emblem represents a six points star of or surmounted by an or overturned crescent on azure background. The origin of the coat is not known but derives from that of Lords of Eppan. The arms were granted in 1929.
Tramin is twinned with:
Rödermark, since 1978
Mindelheim, since 1994
Schwaz, since 1998
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Heraldry of the World: Tramin
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info. Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.