Untamed (1940 film)
|Directed by||George Archainbaud|
|Screenplay by||Frederick Hazlitt Brennan|
|Based on||Sinclair Lewis novel Mantrap|
|Produced by||Paul Jones|
|Edited by||Stuart Gilmore|
|Music by||William Axt|
(as Dr. William Axt)
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Untamed is a 1940 American Technicolor adventure film directed by George Archainbaud and starring Ray Milland, Patricia Morison and Akim Tamiroff. It is based on the 1926 Sinclair Lewis novel Mantrap.
A doctor takes a hunting trip to the Canadian wilderness. When he gets badly mauled by a bear, his life is saved by his guide Joe Easter.
Easter takes the doctor to his cabin, where he is nursed to recovery by Easter's young beautiful wife Alverna, and they fall in love. Easter leaves for an extended hunting trip while the doctor and Alverna grapple with their feelings for each other, a blizzard and an epidemic.
- Ray Milland as Dr. William Crawford
- Patricia Morison as Alverna Easter
- Akim Tamiroff as Joe Easter
- William Frawley as Les Woodbury
- Jane Darwell as Mrs. Maggie Moriarty
- Esther Dale as Mrs. Smith
- J.M. Kerrigan as Angus McGavity
- Eily Malyon as Mrs. Sarah McGavity
- Fay Helm as Miss Olcott
- Clem Bevans as 'Smokey' Moseby, the Blind Man
- Sibyl Harris as Mrs. Dillon
- Roscoe Ates as Bert Dillon
- J. Farrell MacDonald as Doctor Billar
- Gertrude Hoffman as Miss Rhine (as Gertrude W. Hoffman)
- Charles Waldron as Doctor Hughes
- Darryl Hickman as Mickey Moriarty
- Charlene Wyatt as Milly Dee
- Bahe Denetdeel as Skookum
- Donna Jean Lester as Judy
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.