From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Screenplay by||Titus Selge|
|Directed by||Titus Selge|
|Music by||Daniel Regenberg|
|Country of origin||Germany|
|Running time||90 minutes|
|Production company||Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg|
Unterwerfung ("submission") is a 2018 German television drama film directed by Titus Selge and starring Edgar Selge. It is based on the 2015 novel Submission by Michel Houellebecq and a German stage adaptation of the novel.
The film was produced by Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg. The screenplay by Titus Selge is based on Michel Houellebecq's 2015 novel Submission and Karin Beier's stage monologue based on the novel. Edgar Selge who performed the monologue at the Deutsches Schauspielhaus in Hamburg also stars in the film. The film combines conventional film scenes with excerpts from the monologue. The theatre scenes were recorded in July 2017 while principal photography for the rest of the film began on 10 October 2017, with scenes shot in Paris and Berlin.
- dpa-infocom (2017-11-06). "Edgar Selge dreht Houellebecqs 'Unterwerfung'". Die Welt (in German). Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "rbb verfilmt Houellebecqs Roman 'Unterwerfung' mit Edgar Selge". Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg (in German). 2017-10-11. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Unterwerfung". Filmportal.de (in German). Retrieved 2018-06-10.
- Matthias Dell (6 June 2018). "From lust to the horror scenario". Die Zeit (in German). Retrieved 14 June 2018.
"Submission" premieres on Wednesday, June 6, at 8.15 pm
- Claudia Tieschky (9 June 2018). "Silent year for Plasberg and Co?". Süddeutsche Zeitung (in German). Retrieved 15 June 2018.
showed first the remarkable adaptation of Michel Houellebecq's socio-romantic novel "Submission" with Edgar Selge in the lead role
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.