From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Date of birth||20 July 1953|
|Place of birth||Prostějov, Czechoslovakia|
|1960–1970||Sokol Kraslice na Hané|
|1978–1980||SK Sigma Olomouc|
|1992–1995||FC Slovan Liberec|
|2002||FK Mladá Boleslav|
|2006–2007||SK Sigma Olomouc|
|2009–2010||FK Viktoria Žižkov|
|2010–2012||MFK Zemplín Michalovce|
|2016–2017||FC Baník Ostrava|
|2018||FC Fastav Zlín|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Vlastimil Petržela (born 20 July 1953 in Prostějov) is a Czech football coach and former player. He worked with Zenit Saint Petersburg from 2003 to 2006, winning the silver medals of Russian Premier League in 2003 and reaching the quarterfinal stage of the 2005–06 UEFA Cup. Before Zenit he managed Sparta Prague and Bohemians Prague.
Petržela signed a three-year contract as manager of FK Mladá Boleslav in 2002, however before the end of the calendar year it was announced that he was heading to Russia to be the new manager of Zenit St. Petersburg.
In the season 2009/10 he coached FK Viktoria Žižkov in the Czech 2. Liga and in the season 2010/11 he became the new coach of MFK Zemplín Michalovce in the Slovak 2. liga. He joined Vlašim in January 2014.
- Sparta Prague
- Zenit Saint Petersburg
- "Petržela má dovést Mladou Boleslav do ligy" (in Czech). idnes.cz. 11 June 2002. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Nejde mi o peníze, tvrdí Petržela" (in Czech). idnes.cz. 29 November 2002. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Demyanenko returns with Neftchi". UEFA. 5 January 2008. Archived from the original on 9 January 2008. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- http://www.denniksport.sk/article/137167/petrzela-trenerom-mfk-zemplin-michalovce (in Slovak)
- http://korzar.sme.sk/c/5426920/kontroverzny-petrzela-prichadza-trenovat-michalovce.html (in Slovak)
- "Fotbalisty Vlašimi bude v druhé lize zachraňovat trenér Petržela". idnes.cz (in Czech). 25 December 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.