From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||Yōkōdai 3-14-1, Isogo-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken 235-0045|
|Distance||14.1 km from Yokohama|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||17 March 1970|
Location within Kanagawa Prefecture
Yōkōdai Station (Japan)
Yōkōdai Station is served by the Negishi Line from Yokohama to Ōfuna in Kanagawa Prefecture. with through services inter-running to and from the Keihin-Tōhoku Line and also the Yokohama Line. It is 14.1 kilometers from the terminus of the Negishi line at Yokohama, and 73.2 kilometers from the northern terminus of the Keihin-Tōhoku Line at Ōmiya.
The station consists of one island platform serving two tracks. The platform is connected to the station building by an underpass. The station is staffed.
|1||Negishi Line||for Kōnandai, Hongōdai and Ōfuna|
|2||Keihin-Tohoku LineNegishi Line-||for Yokohama, Tokyo, and Ōmiya|
|Yokohama Line||for Yokohama, Nagatsuta, Machida, and Hachiōji|
The area around Yōkōdai Station was formerly a small rural pocket within central Yokohama. It was developed into a large housing district in the early 1970s. The Japan National Railways (JNR) Keihin-Tōhoku Line was extended from its former terminus at Isogo Station, and Yōkōdai Station was opened on 17 March 1970. The line was further extended to Ōfuna Station in 1973. The station came under the management of JR East on April 1, 1987 after the privatization of the JNR.
In fiscal 2019, the station was used by an average of 20,064 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
The passenger figures (boarding passengers only) for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||daily average|
- Yokohama Science Center, a municipal science museum for children, is located near the station.
- Kanagawa Prefectural Isogo High School
- Kanagawa Prefectural Yokohama Nanryo High School
- Kanagawa Prefectural Hitorizawa High School
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2019年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2019)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2020. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- 神奈川県県勢要覧（平成18年度） [Kanagawa Prefecture official statistics (fiscal 2005)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Metropolitan Government. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
- 神奈川県県勢要覧（平成23年度） [Kanagawa Prefecture official statistics (fiscal 2010)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Prefecture. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
- 神奈川県県勢要覧（平成28年度 [Kanagawa Prefecture official statistics (fiscal 2010)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Prefecture. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.