From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Type of site
|Available in||English, Chinese (Simplified)|
xinmsn was an Internet portal featuring various news and entertainment information for Singapore-based users. It was launched in March 2010 as a joint venture between MediaCorp and Microsoft, and replaces the old iteration of MSN Singapore.
xinmsn provides various types of information and news within the context of Singapore. Some of the more well-known content provided are:
- Local, regional and world news
- Entertainment news
- Weather information
- Catch-up TV (a service that allows viewers to browse and watch certain television programmes that they have missed)
- Live radio
- "Interactive" drama (a service for viewers to view drama shows shown only on xinmsn and vote on how the plot progresses)
The site also provides some information about the respective television and radio channels owned by MediaCorp.
- "MediaCorp: Microsoft and MediaCorp enter strategic partnership to create new online portal". MediaCorp Pte Ltd. 23 February 2010. Archived from the original on February 3, 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- Malinda, Shah Kyle (1 April 2015). "Goodbye Xinmsn, Hello Toggle: Microsoft & MediaCorp Disband Entertainment Site". Pop Spoken.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.