From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Died||November 13, 1997 (aged 54)|
Duarte, California, USA
He was born in Schnepfenthal, Waltershausen, Thuringia, Germany. He studied at the Staatliche Fachschule für Optik und Fototechnik in Berlin. After graduating he entered Olympia-Film in Munich and worked with Thomas Mauch, and he became a key cinematographer of New German Cinema. He is prominent for his collaboration with director Rainer Werner Fassbinder.
He won at the German Film Awards in 1970, and at the American Society of Cinematographers Awards in 1989.
- Artists Under the Big Top: Perplexed (1968) camera assistant
- Cardillac (1969)
- Love Is Colder Than Death (1969)
- Katzelmacher (1969)
- Why Does Herr R. Run Amok? (1970)
- The American Soldier (1970)
- Rio das Mortes (1971)
- Pioneers in Ingolstadt (1971)
- The Merchant of Four Seasons (1971)
- Eight Hours Don't Make a Day (1972–1973) TV series
- Effi Briest (1972)
- Ludwig: Requiem for a Virgin King (1972)
- The Last Days of Gomorrah (1974, TV film)
- Karl May (1974)
- Hitler: A Film from Germany (1977)
- Germany in Autumn (1978)
- The Tailor from Ulm (1978)
- Kassbach – Ein Porträt (1979)
- Put on Ice (1980)
- The Confessions of Felix Krull (1982, TV series)
- Tramps (1983)
- Väter und Söhne – Eine deutsche Tragödie (1986)
- The Great Escape II: The Untold Story (1988)
- War and Remembrance (1989) TV miniseries, 1 episode
- The Rose and the Jackal (1990) TV movie
- Wedlock (1991)
- Ted & Venus (1991) TV movie
- Knight Moves (1992)
- Salt on Our Skin (1992)
- The Innocent (1993)
- Me and the Kid (1993)
- Color of Night (1994)
- A Couch in New York (1996)
- The Way We Are (1997) aka Quiet Days in Hollywood
- The Peacemaker (1997)
- Deep Impact (1998)
- "DIETRICH LOHMANN". cinematographers.nl. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Deutsche Filmakademie Filmpreis Suche
- "The ASC -- Past ASC Awards". Archived from the original on 2011-08-08.
- "Dietrich Lohmann; Widely Praised Cinematographer". Los Angeles Times. 1997-11-20. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "Dietrich Lohmann". IMDb. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.