From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|On Their Own|
|Directed by||Otto Brower|
|Produced by||Sol M. Wurtzel|
|Screenplay by||Harold Buchman|
|Story by||Val Burton|
|Music by||Samuel Kaylin|
|Cinematography||Arthur C. Miller|
|Edited by||Nick DeMaggio|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
On Their Own is a 1940 American comedy film directed by Otto Brower and written by Harold Buchman and Val Burton. The film stars Spring Byington, Kenneth Howell, George Ernest, June Carlson, Florence Roberts, and Billy Mahan. The film was released on May 17, 1940, by 20th Century Fox.
- Spring Byington as Mrs. John Jones
- Kenneth Howell as Jack Jones
- George Ernest as Roger Jones
- June Carlson as Lucy Jones
- Florence Roberts as Granny Jones
- Billy Mahan as Bobby Jones
- Marguerite Chapman as Margaret
- John Qualen as Peters
- Charles Judels as Giuseppe Galentoni
- Chick Chandler as Doc Duggan
- Forrester Harvey as Mr. Pim
- Isabel Randolph as Hortense Dingwell
- Walter Soderling as Mr. Flint
- William B. Davidson as Judge Bull
- Charles Lane as Johnson
- Rabkin, Leslie Y. (1 January 1998). The Celluloid Couch: An Annotated International Filmography of the Mental Health Professional in the Movies and Television, from the Beginning to 1990. Scarecrow Press. p. 110. ISBN 978-0-8108-3462-0.
- "On Their Own". AFI.com. 1940-05-17. Retrieved 2020-09-14.
- "On Their Own (1940) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-09-23.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.